The Itchy Feet Tour

cooperlola

Following my previous thread, the Itchy Feet Mini Tour de France, will begin straight after the Cheltenham Festival (which ends on 18th March) and end on 3rd April.  I expect to hit my friend's abode near Bergerac on 23rd March and hang around for a few days before heading for home.

I'm having the greatest trouble trying to fit in all the places I'd like to visit but the plot is to hit the coast then follow it south before heading back inland for Angouleme and then Bergerac.  I expect to be there for 5 days or so before heading South East for the Lot and then going back North, possibly via Limoges and the Loire Valley. 

I've been googling everybody's suggestions of places to look at and trying to work out a route and a rough timetable.  In my previous thread, we talked about the idea of some of us getting together which I thought was a really lovely idea.  What does eveybody think?  Do my dates and routes fit in with anybody's plans?  How about it guys and gals?  Fancy meeting?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a lovely idea, and would be pleased to meet up with et al. In terms of say a local restaurant as I'm sure you are aware they are not all open all of the time, there is quite a reasonable one during lunchtime next to Sweets neuf Chateau and a splendid one at Aubeterre, not to mention a few near me, timings, numbers and budget need to be previously arranged and someone appointed Super co-ordinator!

Oh dear, we'll just have to 'faire le stop' and set out a week in advance to make sure we don't miss lunch! [:D]

Actually, the performance is quite pleasing - obviously not the thrill of the Porsche, but it's not thirsty like it either! We're getting 60mpg at the moment (about 28mpg on a good day in the Porsche, wind-assisted!), and it's an automatic remember; it suits our geriatric pockets, and no road tax to pay either! But come the good weather and we'll be back in the thirsty one!  [:)]

Can anybody who is interested in a get-together, please pm me with your location (a village name will do - I don't expect you to reveal your whereabouts or any personal info' you'd rather not impart)?   I am putting together a little chart so that I can figure out the optimum location(s) for a "bash" (or several).

[quote user="Gardian"]

As pm'd Coops, something down here in the deep South would be good.

[/quote]I've looked at this (and as it's the Paul Ricard round of the LMS series on 3rd  April, believe me I am tempted!) but I think that, honestly, it's probably just a step too far for me, at any rate.  My "goal" is just West of Bergerac (my friend's home) and a couple of days in the Lot before heading home.  I think that attempting to get much further East or South is probably stretching it a bit far and will just involve me in rushing around and thus prevent me from making little diversions on the way. Having said that, Thelma and Louise (Coops and Sweets) have in mind some sort of similar venture in the future so maybe we'll put the Gard and points South on the list for then!  But there's nothing to stop the rest of you either coming North to join us, or having your own meet, is there?

Looking at the pins I've thus far put in my map, I reckon that somewhere around Cahors is the closest I'm going to get to your area this time.[:(]

Ok then, everybody, how about Bergerac itself?  Looking at where everybody's from, Bergerac sounds pretty central.  Once we have agreed on the venue, we can google around and I don't mind getting numbers, doing the booking, etc.

But, we'll better get our act together PDQ.  In my experience, time has a nasty knack of suddenly catching you unawares....