Sunday lunch meet, NOT itchy feet tour (II)

just john

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Panda"]Thanks all for waiting until I've moved back to the UK to have a meet up not 30 minutes from my house!! What a shame I would have loved to have come.

I'm with Rose, sulking![/quote]

excellent as I've been sulking for ages and it would be good to have some company [:(]

To paraphrase, a very important decision is likely to be taken this weekend, so its up to the voters. PR still possible, meanwhile, I'm taking Crossey on a whistlestop tour sampling fare on offer, :-) restaurant or pigout in the park looks likely!

Hello all!  I have been experiencing technical difficulties so not been able to get on for a bit, but I'm back now.

John ans I are going to case the job up over the weekend to see where would be best for a restaurant or where would be best to set up a table and gazebo sort of thing if one is available but we do still need peoples preferences. 

What do you want to do?  Would a pigout in the park be good enough for your delicate pallets or do you want your food brought to you?  Time is running out.

For some time it has been our (me and John) intention to meet up again (we met a couple of years ago) around the time I was next passing through Angouleme, which I will be so as to be at a race meeting on the 13th.

We intended to meet for a beer or two or lunch on the weekend before, that being the 10th. We have chatted this morning as he was trying to organise a meet for the 17th instead of the 10th. It is not possible for me to be there on the 17th as I have to be back home on the 17th at the latest, so we are going to meet as planned on (or around) the 10th.

It's a little difficult for JJ to access the forum at the moment so he has asked me to let you know that he is quite happy to make the meeting day the 17th for anybody who wishes to do so.

Shame I can't meet any of you on the 17th, perhaps another time[kiss]

Option 1.

John and I have taken a little scout today and found a nice local restaurant happy to cater for us on the 10th for a lunch buffet.  We have booked a table for 12:00, they will cater for as many as we want and are charging about €14.50 a head (might be €15.00 I wasn't listening but that's what Julie said).  The restaurant is Bar Sud in Bonnes about 2 miles from Aubeterre.

Interested in joining us? Please put your names down and we will let the restaurant know the numbers.

Option 2.

Because I want to meet Rose so we can compare chillies we will also be meeting on the 17th in the park in Aubeterre.  Food can be either bring a dish (no ladies, Julie's booked me so find your own[:-))]) or we can go for a meal in a restaurant same as the previous week.

Please let us know if you are interested and in which option so we can get things sorted.

Thanks.

Ian

Ps.  Look forward to meeting you all.

Oooohh... Weedon... I am so sorry.  I was very tongue in cheek about the 17th and just being a bit naughty.  Sorry - I know you've arranged everything for the 10th and I never seriously expected anyone to change.  Please stick to your plans and have your meeting on the 10th and have a very lovely day!

sorry of I confused things [:$]

[quote user="Rose"][quote user="just john "]

That Rose, what's she like! Damned Tease . . .  [Www]

[/quote]

would you have me any other way [:D]

[/quote]

Don't tempt me ;-)

In the interest of accuracy the lunch on 10th, is a 3 course inclusive of main course choice of meats by recommended French chef.. . .

• 2 weeks later...

Have lovely lunch/lunches everyone.

We shan't be joining you this time- we're setting off a couple of days earlier than we'd originally planned -( like in a few mins!)

Have fun- look forward to seeing some pics on here at a later date.

Not only that, the bash is in 17 so it's a case of being away for at least a couple of days because no doubt the grass will have to be cut, the moat cleared, the dungeons swept out, etc etc.

B-o-r-i-n-g but there we go.......

• 2 weeks later...
Not to worry Weedon, we know you have a good reason. 

I have a pan of curry sitting in the fridge maturing over night as all good curries should and some chicken tandoori stewing in it's own juices ready to be cooked in the am. 

• 2 weeks later...

A quick line to say thanks to all those who managed to attend the Sunday lunch and picnic, commiserations to those unable to make it this time, a great time was had by all those who did, especially Elle.[Www]

Clearly some had alternative commitments, and not all the food was vegetarian; but diarise same time same place 2012 and look forward to meeting up then [:D]

[IMG]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/classic69_72/shesnothappy.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/classic69_72/notvegetarian.jpg[/IMG]