Sunday lunch meet, NOT itchy feet tour (II)

just john

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great, as long as I can find somewhere to plug my iron in. Can you imagine constructing a road like this and not putting any sockets in. I walked up and down and not a socket anywhere. Get a grip France it's the 21st century!

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/weedonwite/Extremeironing003.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Weedon"]

Sounds great, as long as I can find somewhere to plug my iron in. Can you imagine constructing a road like this and not putting any sockets in. I walked up and down and not a socket anywhere. Get a grip France it's the 21st century!

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/weedonwite/Extremeironing003.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

AN AMAZING  PIC my friend !!

[quote user="britgirl"]Would love to come, but have to 'negotiate' time off with the Boss. [Www][/quote]

offer to make the time up another Sunday[Www]

[quote user="Frenchie"] I'll finish work mid July ( exams and all that ), so really don't know yet, but Aubeterre seems a really nice place, no doubt it would be lovely to meet up there .[/quote]

It's a Sunday Reg-gie-gie, take the day off![kiss]

[quote user="Weedon"]

[/quote]

a-really-really-portable-iron/[:P]

But, JJ, it's too far ahead to say for definite!

If I can make it, I will bring your special admirer.....you know the one living opposite who says, hmmm, I can fancy him!

Say, no more, all shall be a secret between us, OK?[;-)]

I'll be there.  No, really I will, I now live here[:D]

Any one wanting to stop the night in Aubeterre are more than welcome but be warned, the accommodation might be basic, very basic, we are mid renovation but there will be beds and bogs and I am sure we could manage a bit of breakfast too.

Only two courses on offer though.  Curry and ice cream.

If we can get come definite numbers together I will do a walk round and ask what the local restaurants can do.  The Perigord do very nice food, the chef has a Michelin star.  They are doing plat de jour for €16.50 at the moment, hmmm, tempting.   Then there is the Taverna, always busy there and the setting is lovely or there is another one about 50 meters from our house.  The problem is busy ones don't need to discount and the cheap ones are crap.

Have you tried lunch at Hôtel de La Paix**, probably the kiss of death but it has always been my secret;
In reality you don't get Sunday lunch for 12€ anywhere I'm familar with, More like 20€;
however there is a third way, I'm sure it is not beyond the wit of all of us to vote for a menu,
I'm sure we could do our equivalent of a pot lunch, (everyone bringing a bottle and a course)
A Restaurant gives everyone the chance to relax whereas a pot lunch adds a whole new dimension! 

Anyone up for that?,

Where's Hotel La Paix? And how did you get the roof on the O?

I don't think €16-20 a head is too much, it's when you add a bottle of wine per head to the bill it starts getting a bit steep.

How does the Pot lunch work then?  we designate a dining area, park by the river or some ones kitchen.  I am seriously good at vegetarian curries and chillies and can handle chicken but fall apart at beef as a rule.  I am also a bit of a BBQ god especially for larger numbers, I haven't killed any one yet.

I use Character map through system tools, you could also use http://www.lexicool.com/lexibar_french_special_keyboard_characters.asp.

But for this I copied it from my link in first post aubeterre sur dronne,  Hôtel de La Paix** St-Séverin 7 km d'Aubeterre Tél.05 45 98 52 25 Accueil de groupes sur réservation.

Pot Lunch is just everyone bringing a course (or a 'pot'), hopefully July 10th will be Scorchio so we could picnic alfresco down by river even,
a bit more faff than a restaurant, having to bring chairs or a blanket to sit on but what does everyone else think?

Frenchie is pretty good at Cous-Cous (allegedly[Www]) + Sweet does a mean Quiche[:P] + Your barbecue,
I could bring some red wine poached pears to go with your ice cream, Blimey almost sorted[:D]