Selling Building land

Ann

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of building land for sale.  Can anyone give me information as to how to go about it.  It is part of my proberty and I think I have to get the Geometre in to change the boundry lines - is this correct.  I would be grateful for any information.

Thanks

Julia

We thought about this with a field we have and went down this route. First see the Maire with your cadastre plans and just ask infrmally if you can build on the land. Then if you get a geometre to measure the said plot and access etc, he can register the alteration for you and get the required documents thay enables you to legally sell the plot as building land. Find out from a Notaire any tax liabilty on the proceeds. The geometre quoted us about 2500e.  This permission can change, so it pays to keep it up to date.

We are not selling yet.

Regards.5 mins St.Malo

Not quite the same situation as it is not land for building but we are buying a barn and some land from our neighbour. He has called in the geometre who has now marked out the land and changed the "plan cadastre". We and neighbour have signed this new plan ready for signing the "acte"with notaires and of course all details go to the Mairie for their records.

what is a geometre, i thought you had to fill out a certificate d urbanisme and get it approved to build or convert a barn to a house so then they would automaticaly change the use  of a plot of land and when someone new buys the plot the ownership would change then