Travel insurance for health outside of the EU

mogs

If anyone travels to countries outside of the EU what health/travel insurance do you use?

Both myself and OH have some health issues so appreciate it might be expensive, but don't know who to use or try.

Our residence is France so I think that rules out UK companies.

We did France to UK for a few days then to New Zealand from 21st Dec last returning on 13th March, nearly 3 months.

Insured with French company Mondassur (www.mondassur.com) for a premium of 122Euros.

Checked with UK insurers and couldn't get near that price.

That does seem a very good price but it does depend on your pre-existing conditions. I'll certainly look at mondassur before I buy insurance later this year. We go to NZ each year. We too have a couple of pre-exisitng conditions each and paid about £300 between us last year. I've found that Global and Staysure are similar prices but staysure is easier to sort out. I can always discuss with you Mogs but you'll need to sort out and get peace of mind soonest. I've no experience claiming so can't add anything on that score (fingers crossed).

Minnie, just checked the paperwork and their is no mention of it being a comparison site. The actual policy was issued by Mondassur in their name and the policy is called Mondaccess Option Classic. I might add that the premium was 122 Euros each person. They operate from Paris and in fact have english speaking staff.