Air Bridges

NormanH

[quote user="woolybanana"]Judging by the behaviour of the shoppers in my local Leclerc the French will do it all by themselves[/quote]

Yep, same here in Sceaux.

And why is the gouv. website that gives the daily count of new cases not working?  Today and yesterday, there were no clear numbers noted of new cases.  Last I saw was a 1588 number that supposedly took into account missing data going back to 23 june.  Still this morning, there is no daily number from yesterday.

Anyone know?

And I agree, letting people in from high case countries, such as the UK and the USA is insane.  Everyone I talk with round here (French or otherwise) feels the same way.

I've only just spotted this Norman, but I totally agree!!

Friends in UK were incredulous that people here wear masks ! Why, they demanded. They don't even know where to get them.

We'd better stock up... again!

I don’t know anyone who hasn’t got a good supply of gloves and masks - haven’t seen them as we’re still self-isolating, but by phone and email, friends have mentioned having them, especially towards the beginning when they were tricky to find and prices were shooting up.

We aren’t alone in wearing gloves to bring in our weekly grocery deliveries and I’ve even got a couple of pretty Liberty cotton masks for when we eventually go out and about.

Of course, we’ll have gloves and masks with us when we return to France, but, sadly, that won’t be for quite some time yet.

We could, Wooly, and would love to. But the summer months are much too hot for us - the hottest place in France (Gallargues-le-Montueux, in the Gard, at 45.9C last summer) isn’t so very far from us. We already knew that before buying, and bought mainly for winter and spring.

Besides, I’m on a waiting list for treatment, which has been delayed more due to C-19.

GG, good luck for that ... yes, it's getting hot down here ... at last, and I feel much like you about summer here.

As for masks and gloves being worn here - spasmodic would be the word.  In the supermakerts, usually but not always, gloves, rarely (I don't, just keep washing those hands!), and everywear good sanitary measures in place in shops and such.  Masks only obligatory on trains, public transport and in medical establishements, also I found out the other day, the bank. Some shops, but not always.  It's seems to be working well, but as for hte UK, not only does the message sem to change every day, it remains confused!!

I wish you well, and so sorry you cannot come down to some sense and security here.

I would suggest that you keep away from Town Judith, as behaviour here is far different [:-))]

[url=https://postimg.cc/tsFxq7mR][img]https://i.postimg.cc/tsFxq7mR/105976137-3170029039702477-3922085921309343592-n.jpg[/img][/url]

Oh NH is that local to you?

I don't understand why people don't get that this hasn't gone away.

Folk are very very strange....... and I thought I was, and probably am......I just seem to have a lot of good old fashioned common sense!

And here is something to look forward to later this year, apart from perhaps a 'second' wave of Covid 19.... a new swine flu that the chinese have found.[Www] 

Indeed, NormanH, idiots indeed!  I find the English here, on the whole, are better than the French, but in a small place it is easy to get complacent. I am not gong to go to the market which has now re-opened yet, for that very reason.  I really have no intention of going anywhere big any time soon, going to hospitals and such for my necessary medical appointments, and sitting in waiting rooms full of people is quite enough for me.  All masked of course, but who knows?

That is one thing I have not heard of here, that is waiting rooms full of folk. I have been to our local hospital and to the GP's and if there has been one other person waiting it has been rare.

A friend had to have surgery a couple of weeks ago and said that they didn't see another patient at all, only medical staff. It was one of these operations where you are in and out on the same day, the operation was quite early and she was let out that evening as they were happy with her.

No idea what it is like anywhere else.

Idun, slightly more waiting often here, you know the French propensity never to be to time .. for the worst, it is often the doctor running late .. and then there is often a queue for the immunotherapy itself!  We are all masked and in the same position, so not much we can do, often my wait is long enough to get outside and have a bite to eat, or just get some fresh air .. but at least the treatment was continued through the lockdown .. so nice to drive on empty roads then, not like that now, of course!

In my MT's waiting room in full 'confinement' there were 12 people close together with no blocked off places to ensure a safe distance, and 4 of them weren't wearing masks...[:-))]

Yes that photo was the centre of Béziers last week

and last night

The video plays a little way down the page..