Wet

Lehaut

Both vaccinated so Mrs Lehaut gave permission for a break. Where have we not been in France, ah the East is as yet unexplored on the motorbike. All packed and off we went. 8°C in the pouring rain getting to Chamonix , -3°C at the top of the Aiguille de Midi in snow, fog and clouds (though it did clear to give magnificent views). No queuing for anything as no crowds at all. Pouring rain, fog, clouds round the cols in the Jura. Torrential rain, close to the road lightening strikes and rivers of water on the road to Strasbourg. Rivers crossing closed, raging rivers, magnificent waterfalls.

Got back to Nantes yesterday, 32°C, not rained here the entire time away.

Gee that sounds absolutely dreadful !  Not the vaccination part, the weather part :)

So much rain and yes, here not a drop and mid 30's every day.  Course this is pretty standard round here in Summer.

You did all that on a motorcycle ??  That sounds down right dangerous to me.

Hope you managed to have some enjoyable moments in spite of the terrible weather.

[quote user="Lehaut"] Torrential rain, close to the road lightening strikes and rivers of water on the road to Strasbourg. Rivers crossing closed, raging rivers, magnificent waterfalls. [/quote]

So, Wooly, you think the above sounds safe?

It doesn't sound safe for a car, much less on a motorcycle.

[quote user="NormanH"]I suspect he was pulling your leg over the "GEE" [/quote]

Seemed more like taking the p*ss to me.

I said over in the T de F thread that the Haute-Savoie was a previous residential area of ours, and le haut is correct, and in that the climate can be quite unsettling at all times of the year. However, when the nonsense stuff finally passes over and the sun emerges it is a department that is in a class of its own, be that spring, summer autumn or winter. 

[quote user="anotherbanana"]Oh yeh, Honey Chil’, us knows that, moonshine country wasn’t it?

I hadnt heard ‘gee’ since the early Batman ‘n Robin days.[/quote]

Ahh, well I am old.

And they still make 'moonshine' and even marry their first cousins.  It was a lovely place...

Yes it is dangerous, then so is life. In normal years we do about 10,000km on the bike, as far North as the Arctic Circle, South to Sicily. Its not the worse rain we have been in, that would be Poland where a lorry threw a wave that went over my head and swamped my wife on the pillion from head to foot :). Closest lightening though.

[quote user="Lehaut"]  ............  All packed and off we went. 8°C in the pouring rain getting to Chamonix , -3°C at the top of the Aiguille de Midi in snow, fog and clouds (though it did clear to give magnificent views). No queuing for anything as no crowds at all. Pouring rain, fog, clouds round the cols in the Jura. Torrential rain, close to the road lightening strikes and rivers of water on the road to Strasbourg. Rivers crossing closed, raging rivers, magnificent waterfalls.

Got back to Nantes yesterday, 32°C,  ................... [/quote]

Sounds like a good substitute for sailing [:D]