condor £159 for the summer

has anyone else used these guys on the western channel? i love sailing into st.malo with them but whenever i come on this forum people are only interested in speedferries or moaning about how expensive BF are! not quite sure if its a really fair arguement or whether the members on here are actually company reps arguing between themselves. maybe thats for the admin to sort out. So i thought i'd post this good deal within the 'latest good value deals' section. I'm sure i'll get some curtis steiger activist going for the jugular though with this one though.

[quote]has anyone else used these guys on the western channel? i love sailing into st.malo with them but whenever i come on this forum people are only interested in speedferries or moaning about how expensiv...[/quote]

We've used them a couple of times on the Weymouth/St Malo route although we do tend to go with BF as their property owners club discount means that they are cheaper.

Overall we like Condor Ferries, the ride across is good and it's quicker than BF, even stopping off at the channel islands. One thing we don't particularly like is the drive down to Weymouth (takes noticably longer than Portsmouth).

Their ferry times are a bit early as well (and you MUST arrive 1 hour beforehand) so it makes for an early start from home.

Not sure what we are going to do next year. BF are cheaper but they've now withdrawn the daytime Portsmouth to St Malo route so if we want the short drive (our Gite is in Brittany) we have to pay the night time rate (+ cabin); consequently I'm taking the Portsmouth/Caen crossing when I next go over.

We're using Speedferries in August as their £19 single (+ petrol + tolls) still worked out over £100 cheaper than any other option. Speedferries are also currently offering £50 open returns valid up to end June 06 so guess we'll be using them a bit more next year.

Choices, choices ....

Geoffrey