BA cheaper ?

I have been booking flights from toulouse to the south UK and back in August and have finally settled for BA toulouse-gatwick-toulouse, which are substantially cheaper than either Flybe(bristol) or Easyjet(gatwick) . Many flights in august are still euros28+tax each way, whilst the other 2 are often in the 100+ bracket.

regs

Richard

BA have been using very competitive pricing for sometime and as you point out Richard can often be cheaper than the budget airlines. The additional advantages are that their baggage allowance can be more and you get the frills such as seat allocation, free food, free drinks and newspapers. I always recommend looking at BA if they fly to your chosen destination in France.

Baz

• 4 months later...

[quote]I have been booking flights from toulouse to the south UK and back in August and have finally settled for BA toulouse-gatwick-toulouse, which are substantially cheaper than either Flybe(bristol) or Ea...[/quote]

We were most disappointed when BMI Baby stopped flying East Midlands - Toulouse.  We are stuck with school holidays and last spring bank hol. found BA cheapest - but still dear!  However, the nightmare traffic on the M25 made us swear never to use Gatwick again, even tho we have friends nearby where we can leave the car and save parking charges.

The extra travel and parking charges (friends dropped us at E Mids so no charges) make all trips more expensive for us.  Next time it will be Flybe from Brum to Bergerac.  Easter we'll go for 2 weeks and take the car on the £50 return.  It costs in petrol, but hiring a car for 2 weeks would be much more.

Do let me know if you hear of any cheap(ish) flights to Toulouse or Bergerac!

Maz

• 3 weeks later...

Also BA are by far the best for Bordeaux to Gatwick. We always recommend our friends use it. We live in Dept 17, but still prefer the 90 minute drive to Bordeaux, rather than using Ryanair to La Rochelle. We have had friends come into Bordeaux with Bmi, but every time the flight has been late. At least you can pretty much guarantee BA as the flights are scheduled.

Gunner, agree with you entirely about the LGW/BOR route.  I've often bought return tickets on that route for fifty quid and never more than sixty even if I book late (which is invariably the case).  It takes off on time and, as importantly, arrives back on time, which is critical for me on the return as I have a long haul connection to make.  Also, it's rarely full so if you move around you can usually get an empty seat next to you.  You get an almost edible roll, chocolate and so so cup of coffee or a drink.  I think it's excellent value.  M

• 3 weeks later...

Hear, hear. LGW to BOD on BA, has to be my first choice.

Have to say that our daughters live in the North of England so for them Stansted, Manchester and Birmingham are the easier option for departure airports. They have used Ryanair and BMIbaby to la Rochelle and Bordeaux quite successfully.

Gill