LD Lines -Le Harve £32 with car!

Just thought I'd mention how cheap LD Lines are at the moment. I assumed their prices would be similar to Brittany Ferries after reading various threads but thought I'd check it out anyway. So you can imagine how surprised I was to find it was only £32 with a standard seat or £86 with a cabin overnight! And that was for up to 4 passengers!

My husband is relieved that he doesn't have to go the 'long way round' via Dover and Bolougne /Calais and stop in a hotel. So it's quids in as it saves 220km in petrol!

Lynpy

No 'buts'!

It was a normal single fare, and the equivalent with BF, also including a cabin was £198  - over £100 difference one way! Anyway LD lines may not always be that cheap, but they are well worth a look. I have no idea if this was a late booking price, but no 'offers' were mentioned when I booked it so perhaps it's the normal 'off peak' price.

lynpy

Willow,

In case it was just pure luck I have just tried again for a return going out Friday 3 Feb from Portsmouth returning a week later and, without a cabin, it was still only £62 return. Thats for a normal sized car. Perhaps it's for late bookings? I really don't know.

Sorry I couldn't return your email.

Regards

Lynpy

Just booked a 10 day return +car on BF. for £168. Don't think that's too bad! A lot depends on your departure and arrival points. For us Dorset folk the Barfleur is a bonus,10 mins from the door in Bournemouth and return St.Malo from Portsmouth, 10 mins from the door here.We try and avoid any long routes in UK now as here is no way of knowing how long a trip may take.

regards.By St.Malo/

Just to add to the LD data base, I have just had a quotation for a return trip  for £133 which covers:

Two adults, car, dog(£30), club seats both ways (Portsmouth-Le Havre). Out on Thursday 9 Feb at 2330, back on Thur 16 Feb at 1700. This is by far the cheaper fare compared with BF (£185 with Property Owners discount).

I have though booked with BF because LD were unable to offer a cabin on the way out. I paid BF £245 to include a four berth outside cabin with free breakfast.

Alistair

• 1 month later...
We live just outside Le Havre, so have a close interest in LD Lines. They are certainly getting their act together in terms of pricing. Hopefully they have realised that with spring coming there are going to be lots of custo,ers to fight for.

My sister has just booked to come over with her family for five days at the end of May - car plus four passengers bang in the middle of UK school holidays, total cost £43. Can't really complain at that.

Rob

But why are they £200 for a 5 day trip for a private Van trip, and why is a Motor camper the same size cheaper, and what happened to the super special 5 day rates. We are travelling with them with a van next week, but only because we are unable to use one of our trips on Speed ferries because they are in dry dock.

(Incidentally I don't notice how basic Speedferries are? especially at their rates... How much do you need on a 50min trip?)

[au][;)]

We attempting to board Transmanche ferry next Thurs night as speedferries are unavailable - £52 return from Newhaven to Dieppe - cost of 4 berth cabin an extra £29 each way which we will take going out at night.  Only saying attempting because last time we used them the boat failed to turn up at all!  Still, will not miss the drive down from Bolougne to Rouen.