LD £20 Return For Car+2 Humans

Mrs Gupta phoned me today and told me that LD Lines are offering a £10 each way fare from now to january for a car and 2 with no restirictions on length of stay. You have to get on the dog (tel 0870 4284335) and quote NOW.   I have booked 2 return trips for only £40, I don't think that is deer!

I love deers too, do you remember that terrible sad song back in the 80's about all them deers that were swept away to sea and got drowned? I think it was the Goonbay Dancers that sang it,  and it was based on a true story! I can't remember the title but it went.......Seven deers have fallen in the river, seven deers have been swept out to the sea.......

It makes me cry every time I hear it.

[kiss]

I had an email from Mrs Gupta this evening, and she said you can book online at www.aferry.com/france  and still get the £20 return fares. I am a real ejit no doubt! Anyway, you don't need any vouchers like them BF crowd. I know they do deer fares and LD don't, but it might be worth going with BF just to see a lovely deer! Can you imagine seeing one in the canteen eating a little bowl of grapes? Maybe some day I will see that in the Little Italy Cafeteria on The Norman Spirit, who knows?

Imagine it's october next sunday! bejaney, how time flies. I suppose it's like the way fruit flies and green flies too! I was thinking about Helen today (it is the anniversary of her passing away) She was me first ever pet Fly back in Kildare.  I reared her since she was only a small maggot, so I took it very badly when I found her body in the milk jug. I can't understand why fly tipping is so popular? I think that when your fly has passed on, it deserves a dignified departure. Helen was buried in the garden to the Batchelors singing 'I Believe' They were on their way to Dublin, and stopped at our house to ask for directions.

A Fly is for 30 days and not just for Christmas! so don't give them as presents.

[kiss]

Dear Mrs Amour

I am so sorry that you won't be able to get your few things in for Christmas with this offer, so as me and the one will be going over to me little wooden house in Calvados in the first week of december, I can bring you over a heap of parsnips and a few crackers (if you are not too far away from us)

Mrs Animal, I left behind Barry and Robin when I last was at me house in Normandie. I dread to think what has happened to them since then! 

After the one went off this morning in a terrible huff , I was sat on me Joseph Hoffman sofa with John the Pug ( Edwin the sausage dog was at the bagwash because me tumble dryer is broke) I was having a grand drop of tea when I noticed a hole in one of me slippers! I took it off and for some strange reason, I had this compulsion to hold it upto me eye and look through it.  Well I was amazed at what I saw! It was an enormous turantula spider walking down me curtain! Of course it turned out to be a little house spider in the end, but looking through the hole in me slipper put a whole different perplection on it.

[kiss]

I was thinking that too Mrs Animal!

I might bring over a few parsnip trees to Normandie and flog all the parsnips when they are ready to pick, or I could start a pick your own parsnip garden!

Mrs Amour (is that love in French?) We are about 15 minutes from Lisieux, and about 5 minutes from the zoo.

Did you know it is still illegal for a man to woo a woman with his parsnip in Ireland? Brian Boru introduced this barbaric law a good few years ago. Surely to God you would think they would change it now in this day and age with all them new treatments they have.

"If a man can't share his parsnip with a woman, then he may aswell not have a parsnip at all at all"  ( as they say in County Kildare)

The Panda song is now completed and entitled 'A Panda Only Cries Once' it is a very sad song, and the panda passes away in the last verse.  I have been approached by Daniel O'Donnell (again)  and when he was rejected, he approached the bloke next door.

[kiss]

What a catchy title.  I hope to find one in my stocking at Christmas.

Are you doing a French version?

Parsnips are panais which is almost panda.  Could they be related?

Rutabaga is swede which doesn't seem to be related to anything.

(North - South divide.  A rutabaga is a turnip to me.)

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Saint Amour, can't you grow them ?

[/quote]

We grew some a couple of years back and they were fantastic!  Did some last year and they were hopeless;  I think that dampened OHs enthusiasm and he didn't get round to putting any in this year, so we're parsnipless this winter. [:(]  And if anyone's interested, they're pasterknacker (don't know about the spelling) in Swedish.  Sounds a bit like Mr FKs priest!

I'd love a copy of the Panda song when it goes into production Mr FK.  Did he have to die in the last verse though?  Christmas songs are usually happy.

Yes you're right Christine, a turnip is a navet but Alexis must be one of those strange northern people that call swedes turnips and turnips swedes. At least the French have it the right way round! [;-)]

Is that you displaying your pasterknacker?  That's what ours were like the first year we grew them, and not at all woody and tough.  We were able to have cream of parsnip soup and enough roast parsnips for four of us out of each one!!!

Just look where that £20 return has got us.  Quel navet !

Here is a navet, or rather a few navets...

http://www.aujardin.info/plantes/navet.php

and here are rutabagas, known as "table turnips or swedes" ...

Rutabaga and Turnip

Any clearer...  ?   [6]

Rutabaga is actually French back slang. At harvesttime the wily French would come over to Kent to harvest much prized Rutabaga. The locals heard them crying out "Bagaroot, mon vieux" and often beat them to the harvest. So the French started to call them Rutabaga to confuse the locals. Personally, I'm very fond of Rutabaga Thermidor.