van hire from Bristol

Have you tried Avis , They allow cars to cross boarders , but it cost................

can you not foot passenger on the ferry and pick up a french van the other side to bring back and go back again then drop it off on your way back, not practical , but I bet cheaper than brit hire, I await to be shouted at by the rest of the forum now[:D] for such a stupid idea[8-)] 

Taking information from another thread, this organisation seems very reasonable, allows you to take a van abroad and has an office in Bristol.

http://www.yellohire.com/

Just phoned re my own plans; they charge an extra £150 (regardless of van size or duration of hire) to take a van abroad. This includes full insurance and breakdown abroad. They still seem pretty cheap.

We have items we would like to move from near Bristol to Cahor - some time in the future, but the cost always seems to outway the benefits, however I am sure our tenants would be delighted.

I hate to be cheeky but can you let me know who you use and the cost etc.

I also found that hiring a van in France was much cheaper than the UK.  Took red wine etc northbound, caught a day return, loaded up then returned.  Easy peasy and no surcharge for driving in europe(!).  Also the steering wheel is on the correct side for most of the journey.

• 2 weeks later...