Jan or Feb into Dover

Hi Anton,

Try an early morning crossing with P & O.  I've just booked a  9 day return for £50.00 but it's very early at 3.15 am Calais - Dover on 7th Jan and 2.45 am from Dover to Calais on 16th of Jan.

Sea France also have cheap crossings in the early hours.

Hope this will be useful.

David J

"Always on the ball" 

Possibly out of range financially and geographically, but our fallback was going to be Newhaven - Dieppe for £119 for a 3 week return including dog, which I though was a pretty good alternative, and a fairly pleasant crossing. But now we've been lured away by the offer from our neighbours here to have the dog and from RyanAir to take us to Tours for 1p (i.e. £10) each, which is near our destination.

[quote user="cooperlola"]I just checked on Eurotunnel, and if you travel very early in the morning (from 06.00 to 08.00), the return fare for a 7 day trip was 69 euros. Worth a look - although it's a lot more expensive in the daytime[/quote]

I think you'll find that's a single fare - the outward or return element of the 7 day trip. At least it is for the 2 or 3 day return I have to do in January.

[quote user="Cjlaws"][quote user="cooperlola"]I just checked on Eurotunnel, and if you travel very early in the morning (from 06.00 to 08.00), the return fare for a 7 day trip was 69 euros. Worth a look - although it's a lot more expensive in the daytime[/quote]

I think you'll find that's a single fare - the outward or return element of the 7 day trip. At least it is for the 2 or 3 day return I have to do in January.
[/quote]No Christopher, it was a return, definately! However, that was just a test I put in so I had to guess at dates.  The idiotic thing about the site is that it is very shy about telling you any prices, until you put the dates in.  I may well have just put 5 days in which is cheaper, can't remember now!

I'd be glad to know of a five day or shorter return from France to Calais in the second week of January. I have to be in UK on Jan 9th. So far the only really cheap (ie around the €70 mark) return with Eurotunnel is a two day (ie one night away) return at €30.00 each way. Five day returns with Eurotunnel work out at €400+.

Please prove me wrong Coops.

You are right (sorry) but I have managed to get it down to 139 euros return (although that means a late crossing going out). That was going out on Monday in the small hours and coming back on the Friday.  If you travel on the weekend though the prices are bonkers.  However 10 single trips a year costs £390 so worth thinking about.  Having an aged mother back in the UK makes this a great deal as far as I am concerned but is not very useful if you don't go over much.