CAR HIRE

• 2 weeks later...
Holiday Autos usually gets my vote and they include extras that the hire companies charge for when you check in, so you know when you book what you will pay. Always cheaper than booking direct with the company you get the car from, often considerably cheaper, and extremely helpful if things go wrong. I've checked they do cover Beziers airport. See http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/

I have always used Holiday Autos and they have been good, but recently I used Expedia and got a great deal with Hertz via them.

If you hire a car regularly and want to protect the excess, instead of paying a daily amount to the hire companies, you can get an annual insurance policy to cover it from www.insurance4carhire.com I paid £49 + IPT for 12 months cover last October for European cover and it seems to cover more than the hire companies agreements do. I have not yet had to claim though!

You need to work out the figures to see if it is worthwhile for you.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

We had used Hertz on many occassions...however last year we arrived in Bergerac....waited at the desk...showed our reservation details.The credit card was not accepted[due to the bank and their fraud procedure....but in error had not carried out my request "unblock use of card".The only other card which we had was mine[I am not the driver...so they would not take it]they were not prepared to accept cash or our French cheque.This left us stranded .......the neighbouring company [not linked with Ryanair]was just about to close.....I rushed in and sorted everything within a few  mins.....

Hertz were rather rude and certainly did not get our visit off to a great start.Thank goodness the rudness stops there.

Yesterday in a small French city we received an expression of kidness.

We had used Hertz on many occassions...however last year we arrived in Bergerac....waited at the desk...showed our reservation details.The credit card was not accepted[due to the bank and their fraud procedure....but in error had not carried out my request "unblock use of card".The only other card which we had was mine[I am not the driver...so they would not take it]they were not prepared to accept cash or our French cheque.This left us stranded .......the neighbouring company [not linked with Ryanair]was just about to close.....I rushed in and sorted everything within a few  mins.....

Hertz were rather rude and certainly did not get our visit off to a great start.Thank goodness the rudness stops there.

Yesterday in a small French city we received an expression of kidness.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a company that does not charge the daily rate of 7 euros for going over the border from Spain to France?  None of them used to and you never know till you get there if they are going to or not!  We go to Gerona and usually use SolMar (who now charge).

• 1 month later...