LD Lines Bulk Ticket Scheme?

I have seen the frequent traveler scheme on LD lines website and just sent an email enquiring about that), but there is also refernce to a bulk ticket sceme, but no details at all.  (Not totally true, there is reference to it in a blog but no prices/T&Cs etc)

Does anyone know anything more as I need to book at least two return trips very soon!  I don't want to risk prices going up!

The Bulk tickets are great if you use them during the summer months,During the rest of the year you can usually buy a return crossing for the same price if not cheaper.I bought the £1000 bulk tickets 20 crossings iether way great for getting family and relatives over.but i finished up not using 4 of the crossings.If they lasted 2 years they would be brilliant.

Thanks for that, I wil hold off to early in the week at leastAre there any restrictions/supplements applicable for peak crossings (like SF and the tunnel)? A lot of our crossings are peak as we're tied to schol holidays.  we have already done 1 retrn trip for £70 this year, but the next one is £240 return. Is it a strict end of Dec use year, we would need the 10th one on 3rd Jan!!?

I emailed last night, will have to wait patiently for a reply on Monday I suppose!

Well I got answers via email, the phone line I was given to ring in Le Havre seemed to be on answerphone permananetly.  I think the "restrictions" are only on full sailings, so as long as we book before the boat is full we can use them on peak dates.  So for us definitely using 6-8 tickets at peak times this year, it more than pays for itself, but the extras for extra passengers do stack up.  Living in the west country, hauling over to Dover and back down to Charente Maritime is a pain, it seems relatively easy via Portsmouth with a good karrimat and sleeping bag...... and the diesal saved pays the increased cost over the tunnel/Sea France.  The great thing is that spare tickets can be passed onto friends and family, when I looked at the tunnel scheme, whoever buys the tickets has to travel, not good for us as there may be times I go without DH!!

Unfortunately, it looks like another trip this year will have to be squeezed in

• 1 month later...

Hi

I buy each year from P&O a season ticket of six return crossings, this year the price is still held at £348.00 making them £58 per return, there is a reduction for more crossings. I find them better value as they run for one year from the date of purchase  i.e. This year I will buy them late April 09 and have to use or loose the last ones before the end of April 2010. there is no cut off point in December as Ld lines and so I can use them for longer, they give you reference numbers to book your crossing and they can be given to frends or relatives to use, they can also be purchased anytime in the year ( LD have a cut off point in April ) so if I did use them all before the end of summer I can get 6 more for another years use from the date I buy them, cant find a better offer  you can only buy them over the phone

Dave

I have a soupçon  that I may have disregarded the offer as you could only make the bookings as return trips, is that the case?

Most of my trips are booked one way as I dont usually know when I will return.

I know I could check the website but as you said the reality differs from the offer.

you do ask for a return date when U book out, but its not carved in stone and can be changed anytime at no extra cost within 24hrs of trip return,you just give them a ring. I normally know when I am returning but due to weather reports or delays in deliverys I have changed dates and times while away with no problem, even then I have turned up late or early and got the next boat with no hassle

The full info:-

They give the crossings as referance numbers to book whenever within the twelve months from date of purchase, they can be passed on and used by others for trips starting both ways so can be used by friends traveling to England from France as well as from England to France. there is no time restriction on lengh of trip. they do have a surplus charge for a few dates on a friday or saturday in the busy times say first day of the school hols when they could be fully booked , they will give U these dates with the reference numbers but as I normally try to miss these dates to miss the crowds it's no problem, saying that I did book a return one by mistake once and was not charged the surplus anyway, worth the cost of just a phone call to them to confirm the any info.

Dave