Car Hire in France

I have trawled the car hire comparison websites for the best price but bogged down by the unclear terms and conditions which do not or dodge the thorny issue of policy Excess. This can range from a few hundred to thousands. I have 15 years insurance and assurance experience so I check the small print!

Some sites offer zero liability but its often unclear or confirmation will show when the booking is made.

My other problem is out of office hours collection from the airport and again some sites do not mention. Usually with Europcar I drop the keys in the box or go to the little office in the airport.

Any one found a good site recently?

Any good offers?

I did find one agent for easyjet offering free upgrade from Economy to Compact if booked before the end of business today but can not find it. Any one seen it? I am sure they offered zero liability in the cost, but I think the out of office hours collection and pick up was a problem with the company.

Any way looking forward to my first glass of wine and pork products and remain envious of al those still living in our beloved France.

Regarding insurance excess you can take out an annual policy to cover this. "Loss damage excess reimbursement insurance" We used insurance4carhire.com but there are various offers. Picking up and dropping off at an airport means that you are limited in the availability of special offers but I would try using the UK sites for Budget etc as booking direct with French sites seems more expensive.

I think I may be at the end of my search.

Europcar give cheaper rates for members as they limit the mileage. But excess need to be confirmed by the company so I have sent an email to customer services. and keys can normally be left in letter box.

Holidayautos are apart of Lastminute.com rates the same but offer TDW total damage waiver.

easyjet (europcar4easyjet.com) offer a reduction in excess but only offers limited mileage 3,750.

Im still looking for the agent offering zero liability with easy jet so shall have a sip of wine and continue my search

[quote user="Sunshine"]www.Travelsupermarket.com has good offers with easyjet and zero liability. Has any one dropped off a car at Toulouse airport after office hours? Is there somewhere you can leave the keys?[/quote]

Most have a letter box attached to their booth.

Remember to fill the tank just before dropping it back - otherwise they will fleece you for the fuel.

As you approach the car parks there is a signpost to where you can buy fuel - I followed it once and never found anywhere to get fuel, hence my warning about taking it back full.

Paul

If you hire a van from our local Intermarché they give you details of where to fill up at their own filling station before returning it, what they dont tell you is that the height restriction will scrape the roof costing you over €1000 euros of franchise [:@]