LD Lines loyalty scheme

• 1 month later...

Other than getting 1000's of loyalty miles for each trip I cannot see at what rate/value they can be redeemed at or am I being thick?

If you have spent say £100 on crossings how much discount will that get you against further ones?

Or to put it another way, how many times do you have to make a crossing before getting a free one?

Useful to  remember that Transmanche do a 20% discount for
  • senior over 60 
  • youth under 25
  • student under 27
  • disabled person
It cannot be done by booking on line but only by telephoning - UK contact number for UK to France and French number for France to UK.

Booked today for Dieppe to Newhaven return in February.  Car and two was £125 less 20% plus a £2 fee for booking by telephone - Total £102.  A useful saving for those who qualify. 

http://www.transmancheferries.co.uk/tariffs.html

Its all on their website

So if you take a typical return cost of £250 including cabins that would earn 2500 points.

An off peak return needs 8500 points plus 7500 points for the cabin (one day 7 one night) so that means one free trip for every six/seven paid.

• 11 months later...
[quote user="Weegie"]Useful to  remember that Transmanche do a 20% discount for
  • senior over 60 
  • youth under 25
  • student under 27
  • disabled person
It cannot be done by booking on line but only by telephoning - UK contact number for UK to France and French number for France to UK.

Booked today for Dieppe to Newhaven return in February.  Car and two was £125 less 20% plus a £2 fee for booking by telephone - Total £102.  A useful saving for those who qualify. 

[/quote]

This link didn't work, but by footling around I got there, to find that this discount only applies to Newhaven-Dieppe

Théière - I would guess about 6 or 7 round trips. Some were more expensive - Newhaven/Dieppe, a couple were the much-missed (perfect for us) Dover to Dieppe and a couple Dover/Boulogne...

But they were all trips I was going to make anyway and just for the sake of joining the scheme for free and remembering to include my membership number on all the bookings, hey presto - a free round trip!

[quote user="Polly"][quote user="Weegie"]Useful to  remember that Transmanche do a 20% discount for
  • senior over 60 
  • youth under 25
  • student under 27
  • disabled person

[/quote]

This link didn't work, but by footling around I got there, to find that this discount only applies to Newhaven-Dieppe

[/quote]

That's why it says "Transmanche" ie. Newhaven - Dieppe.

[quote user="Weegie"]

That's why it says "Transmanche" ie. Newhaven - Dieppe.

[/quote]

ah! And there was me looking at all crossings including Newhaven on the LD lines website. Hiding the discount on their Transmanche site means many folk would miss it, so well done to you for pointing it out.