Dover - Calais £40 Return

This may be useful to someone. I have just booked SeaFrance through ferrycheap.com

The best bit:

from Only £40 Return, for a car and 5 passengers

Valid Fridays, Saturday and Sundays too.

Travel from Dover and Calais

Frequent sailings

* The boring bit:

All bookings must be made online by 30th November 2010. Telephone bookings subject to a £10 booking fee.

A £15 supplement per car each way will apply on all sailings during the period 17th December 2010 to 4th January 2011

Offer applies to Car and up to 5 Passengers. Motorhomes and towed vehicle available at a supplement, price on application..

Non refundable, but amendable at £15 each way.

Even cheaper for Seafrance elsewhere http://www.aferry.co.uk/newsletter/Nov2010/afrynewsletter.htm?utm_source=email_Nov2010_v1&utm_medium=eshot&utm_campaign=view-web-page_text

I hope that you havnt booked too far in advance, and that you are either a man of faith or like me a Chancer!

Given the losses that they already had and thos that continue I am frankly amazed that they are still sailing,

Perhaps Will, will know. Have they been bailed out?

Is this for short trips or does the offer end on a certain date. I'm just looking to book our ferries for next year. Every trip we made this year cost us £38 return with Norfolk Line, I've been on line today and can't find a ferry for next year under £70 return. We aren't travelling in school holidays either. I ask because I've been on Sea France today and their cheapest ferry for us is £91..... thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Julie,

Sorry for the delayed response - we've been away on a £40 Sea France spell in France! The dial-up internet at our maison2 is so slow so we only checked emails and did no surfing.

The details of the deal by ferrycheap are:

** ...." The Travel Market Ltd. has teamed up with to bring you an amazing offer for the coming winter and spring months- EXCLUSIVE to newsletter subscribers.

For only £40 you can take a car and up to 5 passenger for a PERIOD RETURN*, (Yes that's any length of stay!), to France on the Dover - Calais route.

You can even travel over the weekend, as this offer includes sailings on Fridays, Saturday and Sundays too - perfect for that winter break or skiing holiday.

All sailings on all dates are currently available. Valid for travel until the 15th April 2011 - book before 30th November 2010 to qualify. - ...**

You might be interested to know that outbound around 9am mid-week that our car was one of maybe 15 on the boat. Only one bar was open and that was served by only one man. That was no problem as he had served anybody wanting coffee within 15 minutes of leaving Dover. The restaurant and "Duty free" shop were closed. In summary - extremely quiet which suited us fine but probably depressing for the owners of Sea France.

The return trip around 7pm last night on Rodin - a lovely ship - was equally quiet with the lorry drivers outnumbering the passengers. Again, the "Duty Free" was closed and only one coffee bar was open.

I know November is hardly peak-time but you would have thought there would be more than say 50 passengers on an early evening Friday sailing.

Maybe they're doomed, but we got excellent value.

• 2 months later...