Disneyland Paris How to get there from 85

M

LAST EDITED ON 02-May-04 AT 02:37 PM (BST)

I know it's not travelling TO france but anyway...

Whilst in France this coming summer we'd like to take a short break to Disneyland Paris. Has anyone done this before? Is it easier at the Paris end by plane / train / car.

I've done an AA car route which is 5 hrs & am now considering taking the train. Can't seem to get the SNCF website to show where the nearest station is to us that goes direct to the Paris station? (we're in Talluid St Gemme, nr Chantonnay 85 )

HELP.. I've been going round in cricles on their site. Now my little boy has overheard me taking about it won't let up. How can I tell them we can't go 'cos mummy can't work the webiste !!
Many thanks
Emma

PS: Have checked archive but can't see anything to help...

Depending what time of day you want to go, there are services direct to Marne la Vallee from both Nantes and Poitiers.

Both take about three hours, are direct with no changes, and are on TGV, so need a supplement paying.

Eg: there used to be a train from Nantes to M-l-V at 0716, the next one being at 0905.

The earliest train from Poitiers went at 0823 and takes about 2 hrs 20 mins.

I use the past tense, as my info is coming from a Thomas Cook European timetable of July 1999. The services will still exist but the times may have changed.

Your best bet is to ask at your local station, and see about possible connections, at the same time.

Looking at those times, I'd figure in at least one night stay too.

Alcazar

If you have to go through paris by car ,dont as the ring road is terrible.

The web site for the french railway is www.voyages-sncf.com

If you can get a train to paris there is a trian that stops of at the disney site.

Disney itself is great and the new studios is good but not probably a full day.

I would recommend the stunt show

Hi,

My sister, last summer after visiting me in La Baule went to Disneyland for a few nights on her way back to Calais - Dover. She is a spendthrift and her cheapest option was to drive to outskirts of Paris leaving here mid afternoon; and booking into a Formula 1 hotel near to the resort for two nights. Driving from the hotel to Disneyland was quick and easy, although they do charge for parking now! Also managed a day in Paris catching a train from very near to hotel; F1 are cheap and basic but serve the purpose; You do need to book them inadvance though;

Lollie

Have not done the trip from Vendee (85?) but have done it from LeMans. Fine until you get past the junction with the A20 (I think) but then evil. You can take the Francillienne, the N286/A86 (various) or the Peripherique.

All of which are not nice. Nice 'n' easy to the outskirts of Paris and then insanity. The Francilliene is probably the best of the bunch ; this will bring you out on the A4 a couple of junctions down from DLP. There are several places to stay ranging from cheapo (F1/Premiere Classe) upwards.

Alternatively, you could get off at one of the outlying metro stops (I think there's one out there....) and get an RER ticket.

We did it last year on the way to 85. We went via Calais, arrived in Paris early evening. Traffic was fine and it was midweek. Spent 2 nights on outskirts of Paris in a basic hotel with family room (appx 50pn), 15 mins from Disney. Had a full day there and drove to 85 the following morning. We went via Fontainbleu - which though was lovely ended up as about a 6 hour journey!
However when we do a fly drive we normally do the journey in about 4 hours.

Anyway it was a cheap way of doing Disney and we had a fab time!
Lynda

Thank-you all for your advice and suggestions. Driving sounds a bit stressful. I will look into train from Poitiers and will probably have a 2 night stayover.

Thanks again.
Emma