Best Route Dieppe to Tours, suggestions anyone?

Travelling Newhaven - Dieppe with Transmanche in a couple of weeks with a tow a van trailer on the back of the car

Looking at the map there are several ways to go, most obvious routes go through Rouen but does anyone have a view whether I should take the loop through Alencon and Le Mans now that the 24 hour is over or should I go through Dreux and follow the N154.

I don't really know these roads so any suggestions would be most helpful

We've been via Evreux / Rouen / Dreux etc. The N154 can be slow if you get behind a lorry but is generally OK. Its a nice change from motorways. Means there are also few tolls.

Rouen is relatively simple to navigate - just follow the A13 for Paris for a short distance

We find the Alencon - Le Mans route very tedious and now always use the Evreux - Dreux route in preference. They are gradually improving the single carriageway sections but the main problem we find are all the roundabouts in the towns.

Stick to the N154 - they're improving it all the time. Just done calais to limoges towing a trailer and no problems even thru Rouen.

Also a good truckers place half way between Dreux and Chartres (Hotel Du Peage) just off the N154 - I think it was the D26 exit - but there are some small signs. Excellent four course lunch Euro10.50.