Boulogne to Brittany (Loudeac) Best route?

Redcap

Hello All!,
Going over to sign for the house next week, have got 50 return with Speeferries, so it's Dover - Boulogne. Looking at the map it seems to me that the following might be OK?

Boulogne > A16 > Abbville > A28 > Rouen joining A13 > Caen >A84 > Avranches > Rennes > N12 then onto N164.

OR

Would I be better continuing from the A28 (past Neufchatel en Bray) at J11 onto A29 > Le Havre over the lovely big bridge and joing up with the A13 east of Caen?

Having never done this route before(except Le Havre to Chef Du Pont), I value your opinions.

Regards,

Bob

It's up to you. The A29 and bridges are toll, the A28 isn't - but you drive on more of the A13. The A29 is probably slightly further in miles, but on the A28 you have to flog through Rouen.

Generally I go via Le Havre unless I'm going to Rouen, Evreux, or down the N138 towards Alencon.

If you don't know the way very well, I'd go via Le Havre - it's simpler.

LAST EDITED ON 03-Aug-04 AT 06:41 PM (BST)

Autoroute. The money you pay on tolls you save in time. I am about 20 minutes from Loudeac and can get up to Zeebrugge in 7-8 hours depending on stops. If I try to 'save' money it can take up to 12. Now, that was a nightmare journey.

The smaller roads are fine but I always seem to get stuck behind a convoy of lorries for hundreds of miles.....

Then there is the problem of getting lost......

Edited to say...after Avranches, take the N176 to Dinan, D766 to St Meen le Grand and then the N164 to Loudeac. If you prefer to go on the speedy routes, you can cut across from Tinteniac, Becherel to Quedillac. It is a good road.