Road From Rouen to Alencon

Today I bought a 2005 Road Atlas for France because I am planning the route for our holiday next year.

I see that on the AA map there is a road under construction between Rouen and Alencon.

Does anyone know when this road is going to be completed and if it will be a motorway/dual carraigeway ?

Many Thanks

David

[quote]Today I bought a 2005 Road Atlas for France because I am planning the route for our holiday next year. I see that on the AA map there is a road under construction between Rouen and Alencon. Does any...[/quote]

It's going to be a motorway, an extension of the A28. It runs from the South side of Rouen, down past Brionne/Bernay to Sees, where it will join the new A85 from Caen, and joins on the Alencon bypass.

There's a website giving you more detail than you could possibly want.

[quote]Today I bought a 2005 Road Atlas for France because I am planning the route for our holiday next year. I see that on the AA map there is a road under construction between Rouen and Alencon. Does any...[/quote]

there is a really fast - and free of payage charges - alternative that I take once a month...

assuming you are coming from calais or boulogne...as you approach the built up area of Rouen on the main road from the north, take the exit marked 'airport,' and follow signs to Pont de L'Arche and you will avoid getting lost in Rouen (all too easy).

from there, it is signed to Evreux, all fast roads, and you do not come off at Evreux but stay on the motorway all the way to Nonancourt roundabout. (huge and in the middle of nowhere!)

there you take the right exit, N12 I think, all the way to Alencon again on fast roads except for a couple of tiny hamlets.

there is a flashy new payage being built on the Evreux/Nonancourt stretch which might even be finished next summer!

happy motoring

alison