BF (again!)

Mark

We booked our next trip with Brittany Ferries on the 24th January to go over at Easter and the cost was £298.68.

Apart from the fact that they took the full cost of the trip that day (naughty), the point of this posting is this;

I have just had another look at the BF site and recalculated the trip. Everything the same other than having 2 outside cabins rather than inside on trip over to France and outside on the return. In theory, this would be slightly more expensive, but no, it was £283.93. £14.75 cheaper!

I tried to amend the booking to take advantage of this (bearing in mind the £5 amendment fee, I would still save money), but the website wouldn't allow me to amend the booking. So, I rang BF. The lady there said that the price she had on her system was the same as my original price and that her screen and the website should be the same. Great, BUT THE'RE NOT!!!! Why?

Could we not have a whip 'round of all property owners and buy our own boat?????? It would pay for itself on the first crossing.

Moan, moan, Mark.

I agree, because of the cost of using BF to go to Caen or Cherbourg in Aug with a camper van they quoted £550, we are going to cross from dover-calais £97 and make the journey across.

We normally get a discount with the C&C club, but they even dais that since BF have the monoply they have stopped offering them the discount.

Great eh !!

Ray

Mark,

That's not the first time BF's website has been out of synch with the real picture.

After we had booked our last set of crossings BF made changes to the schedules - basically cancelling the voyages we had booked. They had left me a voice mail saying the crossing had been cancelled and to get in touch with them re alternatives. It was 48 hours before I got the message so logged on to see the changes and alternatives - the web site was still letting me book on the original crossing!.

This actually happened 3 times for the one return journey. Was not impressed - when I complained that one of the schedule changes meant that we would have to arrange an extra night in a hotel (they had cancelled the overnight crossing)BF customer services simply said "take that up with your insurance company"!.

Hope you have better luck with yours

rgds

Hagar

Travelling back from Portsmouth to Caen on Tuesday night, on the Mont St Michel, I responded to an announcement they put out asking if there was a doctor or nurse on board. Reporting as requested to the information desk I was asked if I would mind being disturbed during the night if they needed medical assistance as they had no trained medical staff on board. I said it would be okay, surprised by the request as I had not realised they normally carried medical staff on board. Once back in France I contacted Brittany to see if I could maybe strike a deal with them, as I travel back and forth weekly. No way were they interested. So, it's okay for me to supply my services free of charge - another typical example of Brittany taking all they can without giving anything back. Is it just my imagination or are they getting even worse since the demise of P&O? Don't worry, I already know the answer!!

... I was asked if I would mind being disturbed during the night if they needed medical assistance as they had no trained medical staff on board. I said it would be okay, surprised by the request as I had not realised they normally carried medical staff on board.

... So, it's okay for me to supply my services free of charge - another typical example of Brittany taking all they can without giving anything back.

Invoice them for your time as "on call" ... £50 an hour would be reasonable.

I have just looked for an e-mail address on the bf site. I cant find one!

As with you all. I booked last year for summer 2005. Im in the propery owners club. Booked at £440 for July -Sept. Went on bf site yesterday to ADD car trailer. to amened booking total cost £468. To do a new booking completely £428 ??????.WITH TRAILER

I understand that bf run a fluid pricing system, thats fine. But as a sweetener to owners why not in the case of a cheaper deal not charge the cancelation fee.

Please bf add your e-mail address to your main site.

I wouldn't read anything into it but they DO provide email contacts on the French site.

Adresses e mail :

Direction des Affaires Générales et Sociales - Candidatures & demandes de stages:
[email protected]

Information Réservation Voyages en Groupes:
[email protected]

Services proposés à bord des bateaux:
[email protected]

Armement & Technique:
[email protected]

Administration du site:
[email protected]

i guess their online advertising on this site is pretty useless if you havent noticed the banner at the top of the page but there does seem to be a better offering than brittany 'we charge what we like - you'll pay it' ferries with Condor Ferries. although i keep harping on about them, they are a good outfit with a cracking service and some fantastic fares. frequent traveller club membership has saved me a fortune compared to brittany make it up as we go ferries!!!