TGV Poitiers to London - cheaper than Ryanair

zeb

Have been trying to find flights for return to London and back in July and couldn't find anything cheaper than TGV offer of 49,00 euros each way (around 5hrs 50mins) at different times most weekdays from Poitiers to Waterloo via Lille.

I know how I'll be travelling now! And I can take a big bag for the goodies!!

Hi Zeb,

Just checked your route using the TGF site (seems to use SNCF booking site though!) and found the outward trip is about 47 Euros provided you also book the return trip costing about 87 Euros. The total was 134 Euros. Maybe it was the times that I had chosen.

Please check and let me know if your figure is for a particular day or time as I much prefer that price! The Ryanair prices always hide the airport taxes and so the final costs are never that good.

I usually use the Limoges-London route.  Regards, Alistair

Bloomin' cheek - you're right! I've just looked again and all the fares have increased for the dates I looked at yesterday.

I'll leave it a fews days and have another look. If they are back to the 49.50 euros (the price of both chosen trains yesterday) I'll book immediately and not dither. Or perhaps go back to Ryanair!

Disgusted of North Charente!!!!!

I keep getting caught this way and losing cheap fares overnight. There is a lot of sense in trying various permutations of dates and times but being a Scot it is very hard to part with the money early.

I am also trying to use up my "Traveller Residence" points with P&O and gambling with all sorts of deals. The main problem is to avoid finishing with unused points which will be lost after September. Unfortunately I am caught up in the Portsmouth-Le Havre catastrophe which is our perfect route. Have you noticed that the £75 each way also only works for a return trip. If you try to book a single journey in costs more than a return!

Has anyone discovered a way around this problem?

Alistair

• 3 weeks later...