summer timetable

bertie

I thought they were already booking.  As soon as I heard Ryanair will be flying from Nottingham (several weeks ago) I went in to check the prices for Spring Bank Holiday next year - it was already nearly £300 return for 2 of us!  Their deals exclude school holidays so no good for teachers or people with kids at school.

Maz

If you have a desperate need to be on a plane from Nottingham  next year to somewhere then book now, get your seat and pay a whacking premium.  What you will pay now is what Ryanair want you to pay.  The airlines strategy on pricing was revealed by The Independant's Travel Writer on BBC's Departure Lounge.

Prior to 60 days before the flight, the price is high, then at +60 days if bookings are light, the price crashes to try and fill the other seats.  Now thanks to all those who booked 6 months ago the rest of the passengers can pay £0.01p

The cheapest fares are to be had from +60 days to +14 days from the flight date.  At +60 days the airlines review the bookings and then set the price to fill up the seats and that is where the £1.99 seats can be had.  As the plane fills the price goes up until day +14 when you will pay a substantially higher fare.  Don't be put off by the supposed blackout periods, Ryanair had flights for £150 after 17 December from France to the UK, but now you can get those same flights for as little as £1.99 plus taxes. 

[quote]If you have a desperate need to be on a plane from Nottingham next year to somewhere then book now, get your seat and pay a whacking premium. What you will pay now is what Ryanair want you to pay. ...[/quote]

I don't think I want to book now!  BA was no dearer last year (tho had to go from Gatwick). And Ryanair are very rigid about luggage allowance - 15 Kilo compared with 20 for Flybe & 23 for BA.

I suspect prices will never get cheap in school holidays.  What I couldn't understand when I checked Ryanair price was the tax etc. was very nearly the same as the seat price.  But when they do cheap flights the tax is much less.  Surely airport and seat tax would not vary?

Maz

• 2 weeks later...