Ryanair / Hertz

lil

I have just got a price from Hertz through the Ryanair site as I always do when I book a flight. Just as a matter of interest, I checked the price on the Hertz site and found it was cheaper. Ryanair claim that they have a partnership with Hertz and that discounts are given to Ryanair customers.

Has anyone else come across this anomaly?

Lil

bigjimbishop wrote the following post at 21/06/2006 10:14:

>I always use autoeurope

Actually I now realise that I meant to say AutoEurope  as well. The link posted  supposedy generates a discounted deal.

On occasions I have also found www.wwideres.com to be good but that may be a timing issue as their prices seem to move less rapidly than others.

One great advantage of NOT using the Ryanair deal is you won't be in the longest queue !

• 2 weeks later...
I landed at Montpellier from a Ryanair flight a couple of weeks ago;picked up my Holiday Autos car from "National"-one person in front of me and gazed at a queue of 20+ at the Hertz desk.And Holidays were cheaper than Ryanair "special offer".

but holiday autos do not service Leeds and Bradford anymore????

Holiday Autos is a broker. It does not supply cars but acts as an intermediary between the car hire firm and the customer. If Herz, Avis, National or any of the others have a presence at Leeds/Bradford then you should be able to book through Holiday Autos.

Yes but try to book and you cannot, so I telephoned direct and I was told as National are no longer at Leeds they are not also.   That was two weeks ago, Picking car up at East Midlands and dropping at Leeds and Bradford Airport,  it is possible to drop in Leeds centre which was not any good to me.

Lollie

[quote user="lil"]

I have just got a price from Hertz through the Ryanair site as I always do when I book a flight. Just as a matter of interest, I checked the price on the Hertz site and found it was cheaper. Ryanair claim that they have a partnership with Hertz and that discounts are given to Ryanair customers.

[/quote]

You must remember that Ryannair want their commission and Hertz want to make a profit, so their so called discount has to also be built into the car hire price. As has been previously pointed out that unless you are at the  head of the queue on landing, the wait to complete the formalities at your destination can be very long. For this reason I never book a car via the airline I am flying with.

It amazes me that people take the easiest route to book their cars just because Ryanair say they are in partnership with Hertz. I have always found that the care hire industry is very competitive and a few minutes researching can almost certainly save  large sums of money. Provided you book the car in the country of departure there are always excellent deals around either from the car rental companies themselves or the various car brokerage companies. If you press them hard they usual find a way to further discount the price to get your business.

Baz

I telephoned Hertz and pointed out that I had booked a car on Hertz/Ryanaire site and that the price was less on Hertz own site. They were very apologetic and helpful and cancelled the frst booking and re-booked on the lower price.

Can't complain at that and I will definitley be shopping around in future.

Lil

When I booked my car it was cheaper via Ryanair than direct with Hrtz and also cheaper than with any of the other companies and agents. It is not too bad if you are travelling with just hand luggage.

However, airport parking is more expensive via Ryanair than booking via BAA.

Paul