Telepeage doofer........

Alcazar

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys and Gals

I am after one of these telepeage gizmos, but struggling.  Has anyone got the precise web address for purchasing online.  I have visited sanef.com, but not managed to get further than the british language bit (yes i am learning french) and am finding that any reference to the Liber-t card is always in french, so i have no idea what i am buying.  Is there a full english language version of the purchase pages?????

cheers in advance

Dave

Nope, it's only in French, unfortunately. If you want to go ahead, here's something I did (on another site-am I allowed to say that?) for someone a few months back. Hope it helps.........

"If you are really worried about doing this on line, here's my best stab at an idiot's guide (not that I'm implying you're an idiot!! )

Go to: www.sanef.com/telepeage/telepeage-sur-autoroute.htm
Click on :"Formule annuelle option electronique"
Section 1 "coordonnees personnelles" comes up automatically and should say:
1: Vous etes - un particulier

The rest should be clear, but just to be completely sure, you are asked to click on miss/mrs/mr (in that order), then fill in:
Surname
First name

2: Badge user (if different from credit card holder who will pay the bill)
details in same order as for 1

3: Address:
Flat/floor no (if applicable, obviously)
Building entrance or number (ditto)
No. and street
complement (not really necessary for UK)
postcode
town
country (Grande Bretagne)
tel/fax/e-mail (the last is obligatory, the first 2 not)

Then tick the 2 boxes at the bottom to say you've understood the terms and conditions of use.

Next page:

Credit card details - type of card, month and year until which it's valid

Next page is the final confirmation and I daren't go there with my made-up details (which I had to put in to see what the form said!!!)

Hope this will help."

Dave,

Depending on how often you will be using the telepeage doofer, you may want to choose the formule mensuelle (monthly formula) whereby you are only charged 2 euro for each month that you use it rather than pay the annual 12 euro fee. Interestingly the membership card sent out with the kit is printed in English!

Mine arrived within days of ordering. So satisfying on a busy autoroute arriving at the peage and everyone is rushing to get in front and you just swan across to the left and cruise through. Get some very odd looks, especially being in a British reg car!

I thought of explaining that the peage recognises foreign number plates and, not being French taxpayers, we don't have to pay!

Brian

Many thanks for all the help. 

I ordered today, so looking forward to the arrival of the card shortly.  Went for the 12 month option as we travel over reasonably often, and for the sake of £7 figured what the hell.  Also got my french bank account sorted as well at last, even though i have no french property (it can be done..... www.barclays.fr and click on the english flag).  Over in Brittany at xmas and the Languedoc feb - march. Looking forward to some trouble free toll roading.

BTW.  Anyone got any information on disabled blue badge usage in france, are the regulations pretty similar to over here.

Dave

hi Brian

took the plunge with the monthly option like you - also get the first 3 months free of  charge for the €2/mois fee. Just waiting now for the doofer to arrive......

I used a UK debit card number to register which must mean you don't need a French bank account - least I hope so!

I will be driving a 2001 Scenic with the antithermique windscreen so will place the device in the black dots zone around the rear view mirror - wait to see how easily the readers pick it up.

Andy

You are correct - a French bank account is not necessary. I've used a UK credit card to pay for my account since I opened it 4 years ago. The official who opened my account was a bit dubious at the time and every once in a while I have to e-mail or fax confirmation of the new expiry date of my card but it still works after all this time.

I've recived my Telepeage doofer today - when I thought they'd lost my order.  I ordered using a UK credit card and went for the annual option plus I can view my account on-line - well I think I can because they've sent me a user ID and password.

We have a heater front screen - so will need to fix it on the black dotted section by the rear view mirror.  We off to France on Saturday so hopefully it will work.

Don't actually "fix" it until you are sure, they are a b*gger to get off once fixed! And if it DOES come off, you'll not get it to stick again, which will mean sourcing a new holder. I held mine in place first time around to be sure, then fixed it at the next aire.

BTW: mine is fixed almost behind, but above the rear view mirror.........perfectly cuts out the sun which always seems to be in position to blind you through the gap the sun-visors don't cover, in spring/autumn.

Tip: warm the sticky pad, and the screen if poss, before attempting to stick it on. I did mine in a stream of warm air from a vent on the car. Trying to stick it on cold resulted in it ending up on the floor, twice[:(]

Alcazar

Hi, excuse my ignorance, but can someone tell me how these doofers work. Is it the case that you pay a set annual fee and then pay whatever the toll fee is anyway, and for that you can use the telepage automated tolls. What are the annual and monthly fees for the privilege?

Thanks

Mark[B]

[quote user="Loiseau"]

I think the only difference now is that you can opt to pay an annual fee of something like 12euros, whereas with mine I pay 2euros for each calendar month during which I use it (but nothing for the ones when I don't).

Angela

[/quote]

That's how mine works, I seem to remember paying a set amount for the doofer itself, but can't remember how much.

Alcazar

Teledoofer ordered on monday from France, arrived thursday morning in Cumbria, Interview letter sent to wife from town hall in Cumbria to our house in Cumbria (2 Miles Away) on 20th April arrived thursday morning with the teledoofer, and they wonder why we are leaving in droves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've only just "joined" and have found the forum very informative.    I expect by now you have info regarding Blue badges in France but if not look at the Department of Transport website "using the Blue badge in Europe". 

Jake

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to christen my badge next week but behind my Volvo rear view mirror there is an area of mesh where I would like to fix the holder - if I place it further to the left it does impair the passenger seat view albeit high up - do you know if the mesh area will affect the use of the unit - I would prefer to fix it before I leave.       I note your advice about holding it and may have to resort to that.       I would hate to hold things up with a GB plate in the Liber-t lane of all places.

JAKE

Just returned from Brittany. Used my doofer for the first time. Brilliant, no queueing (not sure of spelling) straight through. Initially held it to the windscreen to find best location, but turned out I could leave it in the glove box on my dashboard and worked just as well.Wish I had got one three years ago.

Mark

I  find that the gates for cards only very rarely have queues.

Obviously it's  not as quick as a doofer,  but you just put in the ticket, then your UK or French credit/debit card, and away you go. No PIN required.