Telepeage doofer........

Alcazar

Well, I've got mine, and will be using it for it's first time on April 12th.

I have two questions:

1. It doesn't need priming, charging or anything else, before I use it, does it?

2. Can I buy, beg, etc another holder for it, so I can use it in both cars?

Thanks for any advice,

Alcazar

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If using in a car withouth a mount you can always just hold the badge up to the windscreen, or even out of the window - it works for us when we take my wife's car as I haven't ever bothered to get a second mount.

They don't need charging and work straight out of the box.

One strange quirk I noticed this weekend on a trip was that our SANEF badge usually gives a loud "beep" when we approach the barrier, even out of the SANEF area,  but when we travelled on the new A28 south of Rouen it remained silent despite the barriers opening as usual. Weird!

Thanks both.

As I've treated myself to an overnight stay this journey, instead of travelling through the wee small hours, I'll call in at the first peage and try to charm a new holder out of them.

Now, what was the French for "frog"...............[:D]

Alcazar

I've noticed the lack of a beep on some occasions. Also once in a while instead of a nice clean BEEP it seems to issue a strangled sort of quacking sound.

Am I not treating it properly? Is it registering disgust at having been joined by one of those nasty new-fangled SatNav thingies?

You can get them at the SANEF offices on the Autoroute A16 at the  péage d'Herquelingue which is the toll station near Boulogne-sur-Mer. It's a bit of a performance to park after the toll station and then negotiate crossing across all the toll booths to get to the other side but no real problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Doofer last Thursday Morning. Full demonstration on how to attach it to the windscreen in French (that was fun)

dodging the traffic was not!!!!

came in very useful during Easter at the tolls worked a treat!

thanks for your help.

Rasputin

[quote]

I've noticed the lack of a beep on some occasions. Also once in a while instead of a nice clean BEEP it seems to issue a strangled sort of quacking sound.

[/quote]

It was said on another thread here somewhere that their batteries can wear out after a couple of years, and that one can just hand them in/send them back and be issued with a new one. How old is yours?

Angela

Have just ordered one of these on the easy peasy Sanef website - tried to find it on the Cofiroute site and couldn't - perhaps it was me being dense? Anyway with the doofer I shan't have to hold up the traffic when I too jump out of the car, drop my keys, forget the card or the money, dash back for it/them and then stall the engine in my rush to clear the barrier. Women drivers - huh.

Just returned from Italy;isn't the French system C*** compred with the Italian.The one in Italy accepts all types of vehicles and by putting the scanner at the beginning of the lane and the bar at the end,the vehicles go thro' at full speed.

Had to give ours up, much to our regret, as it couldn't be read by the sensor in our Peugeot 807.  It worked fine when we had a 'normal' height car, but it wasn't interested in the new higher, steeper windscreen.  The lady at Boulogne could not have been more helpful, but even she had to admit defeat after 2 round trips with different doofers! We've now had to resort to using the credit card lanes when it's busy, but they're not accessible if we have the roof box on as we're over height then!  Oh, how I miss my days as an MG owner...no barrier was too low then!

Marie

• 4 weeks later...

We got ours in February, used it for the first time outwards in March and back over the Easter Bank holiday.

It was great, no queuing.  We have a Chrysler Voyager which is a bit taller than normal cars but we found by putting the doofer holder lower down the windscrean (just below and to the left of the mirror) it worked a treat. 

No more acrobatics out of the car window to pay etc.

We bought ours on the SANIF website, it was easy and we asked for an extra holder for our second car, no problems at all.

wish we had bought it years ago.

Paula

Mine has worked perfectly, but the billing system hasn't.

I have been charged twice for a trip from Rouen to Alencon on the A28 on 14 April. I gather that this is not uncommon with this new bit of autoroute, so check your bills.

Just got me a wotsit this week. I had to drive over to Paris for a meeting as all the flights and hotels were full of Arsenal fans. Got it over the counter at the Dozule toll on the A13 just outside Caen. Just great when you are driving on your own.....

Where this has happenened (and I think it has to us last week) what has been the easiest/ most effective way of getting a refund?  I have found entries direct on my credit card for individual bits, then these duplicated on my monthly bill.............................

Thanks

Pouyade

[quote user="Alane"] You can get them at the SANEF offices on the Autoroute A16 at the  péage d'Herquelingue which is the toll station near Boulogne-sur-Mer. It's a bit of a performance to park after the toll station and then negotiate crossing across all the toll booths to get to the other side but no real problem. [/quote]

It's a bit easier if you do it when you're travelling north, as then you emerge from the peage almost alongside the Sanef office!

Angela

[quote user="Loiseau"]

I thought the monthly "facture" is just telling you what they will be deducting from your credit card on a certain date?
But I must admit that I haven't cross-checked my credit card statements  [:$]

Angela

[/quote]

You need to check the detailed 2nd page.  As Brilec said earlier they sometimes charge twice particularly at that new peage nr Rouen.  Just happened to me for the second time this year.

Angela

Rasputin did say he wanted to stop off on his outward journey - hence the trek across the toll booths to the office. In the past the office at Abbeville dealt in the badges, it's where I got mine,  but they don't seem to advertise the service any more.

I have to agree that the badge is a real boon, particularly in the summer when the autoroute out of Calais is chock full of GB cars creating long queues at the toll booths or at rush hour on roads around cities.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for one of these via the web. about 2 weeks ago but have not heard or received anything yet.

How long do they take to come - silly me diidn't print off the final page so I don't have the reference number.

I've not been charged anything on my credit card, so hopefully I just pressed the wrong key..  We're over again on saturday, so I might try the office near Boulogne.

I applied for a doofer via the web a few weeks ago, and it arrived at Uk address in 3 or 4 working days,  this seems to be the usual  sort of time  it takes.  Friends also experienced the same responce.

Mike