New cross channel deal - 10-Trip at £260 + 1 free “friends & family” return ticket

Pierre V

HI,

I have a house in France in the beautiful area of Lot. I usually go there 5 times a year by car. Recently I started using Speedferries which is a new operator on the Dover strait after someone told me about their 10 trip voucher, valid for 2 years.

I have just received a newsletter from them with an offer of £260 for 10 trips (26 per crossing) + one extra free ticket which you can give away to friends or family.

Thought I would spread the news for all of you having to spend lots of money on cross channel ticket every year. [:)]

Go to their website to find out more www.speedferries.com

Hi Pierre.

I have been using Speedferries for 2 years now and find all trips generally good though restricted to daytime crossings and with only 1 Speedferry gets very full at times.

Last Christmas they had a 10 ticket voucher for use within 2 years for £190 (£19 each way).  Another in August £240 (£24 each way) which I bought also for 2 years.

With cheap fuel and quiet roads makes it a pleasant drive down to the Charente Maritime region..

Seems the costs are nudging up a bit but still good value, with only an hour from coast to coast and drive shorter than arriving and departing Calais.

Have a good next trip.

Am returning to UK 26th.(With space if lift required by anyone) See other thread I posted.

David J

I have found their service excellent, though I recognise the potential for 'issues' due to a relatiive lack of resilience. One thing really really niggles though. On such offers, for the whole of the period of validity, one can only change the car number OR the lead passenger name (ie the one who must be in the vehicle) once. So, if we assume that I am registered at the time of booking as lead passenger and we buy a new(er) car during this period and therefore have to change the details with Speedferries,  my husband cannot use a ticket without me being in the car and I couldn't use a different car.

I have written and phones to ask that this be altered to allow more flexibility, to no avail. I cannot see why a particular car has to be nominated as long as the size is acceptable. No-one really knows when a car may unexpectedly die or when 'car fever' may hit! For a two car couple who travel down separately at times, we decide who goes and when and in which car when we know what type of trip we are doing - length; load; weather patterns etc. So, having rambled on, I merely point out that this bargain cannot work for all of us, unfortunately, and Speedferries have lost our family's business

I have found their service excellent, though I recognise the potential for 'issues' due to a relatiive lack of resilience. One thing really really niggles though. On such offers, for the whole of the period of validity, one can only change the car number OR the lead passenger name (ie the one who must be in the vehicle) once. So, if we assume that I am registered at the time of booking as lead passenger and we buy a new(er) car during this period and therefore have to change the details with Speedferries,  my husband cannot use a ticket without me being in the car and I couldn't use a different car.

I have written and phones to ask that this be altered to allow more flexibility, to no avail. I cannot see why a particular car has to be nominated as long as the size is acceptable. No-one really knows when a car may unexpectedly die or when 'car fever' may hit! For a two car couple who travel down separately at times, we decide who goes and when and in which car when we know what type of trip we are doing - length; load; weather patterns etc. So, having rambled on, I merely point out that this bargain cannot work for all of us, unfortunately, and Speedferries have lost our family's business.

Pouyade

Hi,

I think this it to avoid people to buy 10 tickets and then hand them over to friends, but I can see your point. With this new offer however, you get 1 extra return ticket that you can give away to someone.

They do also have a daytrip offer of £20 return - I think this is a new feature.

Pierre