Tom Tom in hand luggage?

seb47

Does anyone know whether satellite navigation gear is allowed in hand luggage? We're flying from Bergerac to Stansted and back, and want to use it in the UK. Obviously we wouldn't be switching it on in the aircraft! I can't find specific restrictions on the web.

Many thanks, Sue.

Yes, I have taken mine (actually a palmtop+tomtom device) many times in my hand luggage (wouldn't want them stolen) and nobody has turned a hair (though I did have a pot of home-made marmalade confiscated at Stansted at Christmas!).  I put all the charging leads in the suitcase though.

At worst, they might ask you to turn the devices on to prove they were genuine - so perhaps make sure they are charged up just in case.

Angela

Yes, I have taken mine (actually a palmtop+tomtom device) many times in my hand luggage (wouldn't want them stolen) and nobody has turned a hair (though I did have a pot of home-made marmalade confiscated at Stenasted at Christmas!).  I put all the charging leads in the suitcase though.

At worst, they might ask you to turn the devices on to prove they were genuine - so perhaps make sure they are charged up just in case.

Angela