parking- poitiers airport

mike151

mid summer last year i couldn't park my van on the field at this airport because of the height restriction of 2.0 m.good job because when i returned a couple of months later all the vehicules had been removed & the field ,tarmaced. when i went to park it there for the xmas holls for 2months i found the 2.0m barriers gone so parked there, i'm now worried about something i read about another airport, untaxed english cars being towed away. my tax ran out end of december, i'll be taxing it for feb when i fly out & use it, will it still be there ?

Hi Mike,

I don't want to worry you but they are doing an awful lot of changes there and charging is definately going to be introduced. As to whether your vehicle will still be, or is still there, I couldn't say. If you want to PM me details of your vehicle I will check for you in the next few days when we next visit Poitiers.

Gary.

No sign of park and pay yet ( we drove round and round last week looking for a parking space), but my neighbour who worked at Limoges recently says that they are bringing it in at both airports this Spring. It's a shame but as there are sooo many UK reg cars (and hire cars) clogging up the car parks, sorry but I now think it's necessary.

ive never seen the car park really full, in the field or the official parking place & have always managed to park, but i know what you mean. theres one car in particular ive seen which has never been moved in the 2 1/2 years ive been using it, its tax ran out in 2002 i think. what is the likely cost per week to park? anyone used a taxi? what is the likely cost for 30km ? cheers mike.

Mike, Good News and Bad I'm afraid.

The Good News.

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/LT.jpg[/IMG]

It's still there.

The Bad News.

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/LT2.jpg[/IMG]

You have a flat OSF tyre.

Sorry but I,ve just seen the note on your windscreen, I didn't notice it when I took the pics.

The barriers and ticket machines are in place but are left open at the moment.

Cheers, Gary.

• 4 weeks later...
Went to catch train from Montmorillon ( approx. 60 km from Poitiers) to Poitiers & plane last week - trains cancelled due to snow.  Got number for a taxi firm and 80 euoros later were safely deposited at the airport. Hope this gives a guide to taxi costs! Just as well, as Ryanair had bright flight forward by 1 1/2 hours!

• 2 weeks later...