LD LINES & THEIR UNJUSTIFIED 100% FARE INCREASE !!

Danglar

Just returned from  the trip that has cost me over 100% more  on the same period last year with LD Lines and I must admit.......there has been ABSOLUTELY no improvement to the passengers to justifiy such a hugh fare increase.

Reclyning seat ? Yeah there are ,  but they are also in a place where the light stays permanently on even at night time , where there is a chocolate dispensing  machine  which - being free - is abused by the passengers at all times of night and with the two toilet doors being slammed  almost continuously by the so called  "first class" passengers.

What a load of c...p !!

Ah and I forgot to mention .... do you remember that  for two years we have being waiting to see what would have become of the space that was opposite the entrance to the duty free shop ??

Well, they have fitted there - the most tranquil of all places on a ship ! -  CABINS !!

Would you pay the earth to try and sleep in a cabin with a door on a very very busy corridor ? (I hate to think what would be like in the summer with children running around and shouting and the  beer-bellied   belching, swearing and laughing aloud at-all-hours-drunkurds .

You already posted this diatribe on the similarly titled thread on the "Latest good deals to/from France" section.

To save time, here are the responses you received..

[quote user="Bugbear"]

[:D][:D][:D]..................If it's so bad, why do you use them ? 

We had a lovely trip in both directions, perhaps you're just one of those unlucky people that attracts morons.......[:)

[/quote]

[quote user="Joy1"]

I agree with Bugbear. have no complaints about Ld lines at all. We use them several times a year, I have just come back from a 5 day Uk visit that cost me a mear £59 for a car 1 adult and two children! We never bother with a cabin, the children enjoy camping out on the bench seats in their sleeping bags! When i checked with BF they wanted £180 for the same trip (except Caen instead of Le havre) I can do 3 trips with LD for the price of 1 with BF! Joy

[/quote]

[quote user="Robbie34"]

I wonder if I've travelled on the same ship as Danglar because I don't recognise it.

£193 period return with dog, cabin and return with Club Class.  Cabin was quiet, clean and spacious.  Had a good night's sleep and great full English breakfast.  Boat was clean and crew were friendly.  Arrived at Le Havre on time.

Admittedly, the boat was not as luxurious as the BF boats but the cost was one third of the price.  I'm travelling with LD Lines again in May.

[/quote]

[quote user="Dotty "]

If you don't like the prices, then simply don't use the service.

I don't like the price of cheese, its too expensive, will someone do something about it please.

[/quote]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

You already posted this diatribe on the similarly titled thread on the "Latest good deals to/from France" section.

[/quote]

Quite right SD, but the other similar thread was started by somebody called Valmont, even though he/she signed themselves as Danglar.

Do you think they may be related? I think we should be told [;-)]

I thought LD were supposed, along with Speedferries, to be the Good Guys , unlike the nasty Pirates.

They seems to offer a cheap and cheerful service, which will hopefully now be available from Newhaven as well as Portsmouth.

Hi all, came back with LD Lines last week and to be honest i hope i dont have to travel with them again!

Firstly when we wanted to cash money we went to the information desk to ask where we could do this and the guy pointed over to his collegue at the cash desk, she looked over and as we approached she pulled down the shutter and said" sorry we are closed" then promptly sat behind the desk reading a book!

Secondly we encountered the cxxx food !  we were horrified to find out how much they charge you for food!

2 x men, 2 x sausage and mash a can of sprite each.  Price ?    £18.00!!!!!!!!!!   i told them i was disgusted at that price and then sat down to eat it! to find out that the mash wasnt even good old spuds but infact cold instant potatoe out of a packet! cold and disgusting.

I will from now on pay more instead of putting up with that!.

Moan over :O)

Mr Riff

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to enter into a financial transaction, go to a bank.

If you want good food, go to a restaurant.

If you want to take a car across the Channel at a reasonable cost go LD Line. It's as simple as that.

I've been useing them since they since they started on the Portsmouth/Le Havre crossing, many time each year, with no complaints.

C

They suit us great, we have learnt not to rely on their food though.  We were all looking forward to having our first fish'n'chips in a year or so, it was awful, and we didn't see the childrens meals until it was too late, so paid full price for our childrens uneaten meals.  Next time will make sure we eat before getting on the boat....a nice menu du jour somewhere en route.  That is my only quibble with LD Lines.