Ryanair Priority Boarding

RumziGal

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, placing 'pond life' and 'families' in the same sentence says it all to me. Plus, to that 'Katie' person...maybe loading all others ahead of us with small kiddies might be ok. But, what about the whinging when you guys all have to move up a seat and occupy the vacant seats between you all so that us parents can sit with our kids when we are finally boarded?.

Have heard it all before. No one likes sitting next to a stranger do they?.

Nothing wrong with children...well behaved or not. I find it is the adults who need the kick up the pants. I'd rather sit next to a whinging toddler (several actually) than next to a hoard of drunken yobs, as I did coming back from Dublin last December. On Ryanair. They'd snuck their own booze on board. One threw up. Yes, charming behaviour.

I also have no gripe with Ryanair, I regurlarly fly La Rochelle to stn and vice versa, with my 4 year old and have been doing this since she was 2.5 years old.

I have been dealt with differently on each occasion.  It never fails to amaze me at La Rochelle the amount of pushing and shoving everyone manages to achieve, but the staff always seem to make sure children are priority boarded after the people who have paid for pb.

Last time at stn, there was a huge scrum at the door, mainly of french mothers and children as it didn't appear any of them realised about priority boarding, it was soon explained to them and they all very quietly joined the non pb queue. Apart from one 21ish year old who appeared to think she was "special" and had a very loud argument as to why she should get on 1st, much to the amusement of all the other people waiting she made it on almost last, also on that flight a mother with 2 young children boarded last, very late and very harassed, but the cabin crew asked other people to move so the family could sit together.

As for me, well I was priority boarded about 3rd one, not because i'd paid for it, but more by luck.   When I booked the flights, I paid for my luggage in the hold, but i didn't need a suitcase for  my daughter, I didn't realise at the timeof booking how to take the pb out of the field so paid for her to pb, not thinking she would as I hadn't paid, however when we got to stn, they gave her a pb sticker on her boarding card, and gave me one as well, as obviously she couldn't pb on her own.  Not something I did on purpose, but would maybe try my luck next time with this as well. 

Emma

[quote user="wen"]

Well, placing 'pond life' and 'families' in the same sentence says it all to me. Plus, to that 'Katie' person...maybe loading all others ahead of us with small kiddies might be ok. But, what about the whinging when you guys all have to move up a seat and occupy the vacant seats between you all so that us parents can sit with our kids when we are finally boarded?.

[/quote]

Wen, please go back to my post and take the time to read it correctly.  My idea is to allocate seats to families with young children who, would not need to board the plane first and, keep the little ones couped up longer than necessary.

No one likes sitting next to a stranger?  How do you know?  I hardly bothers me unless I am stuck next to a stereotyping loud mouth that is.

I sometimes travel with my children and sometimes without!  Have to say it is much easier without.

I would gladly pay a small fee to be allocated a seat when I am travelling with the children so that we did not have to join the scrum, but could board last and still be sure of sitting together.  They are far too young to be separated from me on a plane!  When I am on my own I don't mind who I sit next to, and as it is only me, I am bound to get a seat, so can't be bothered to join the scrum.

Perhaps we (people who travel with children) should suggest this to Mr O'Leary.  He likes making money on extras so perhaps he would be up for this![;-)]

Miszter

I sometimes travel with my children and sometimes without!  Have to say it is much easier without.

I would gladly pay a small fee to be allocated a seat when I am travelling with the children so that we did not have to join the scrum, but could board last and still be sure of sitting together.  They are far too young to be separated from me on a plane!  When I am on my own I don't mind who I sit next to, and as it is only me, I am bound to get a seat, so can't be bothered to join the scrum.

Perhaps we (people who travel with children) should suggest this to Mr O'Leary.  He likes making money on extras so perhaps he would be up for this![;-)]

Miszter

[quote user="wen"]

[/quote]

Just thought?? Generalisations are always wrong, aren't they [8-)][:P][:D]

I still do. How do you meet new friends?