carte de sejour

margie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told by the univ. staff where I'm going to study in Lyon that for the application of carte de sejour, that I need to show I have a bank account in France.

But I already asked say BNP Paribas that they need me to show the temporary carte de sejour to open a bank account with them.

So this sounds like chicken and egg case... I was advised to show a bank draft on my application for carte de sejour, has anybody ever done that and the application went through?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I started reading this thread because I thought it just may enlighten me on the process of obtaining a Titre De Sejour, it didn't!

To anyone who is still in doubt about whether you can fly to the UK with Ryanair on a Titre De Sejour the answer appears to be a resounding No. From their own website which states you can go to the UK with a National Identity card but "Residence cards, family books or military id cards will not be accepted for travel in place of the required valid photo-ID detailed above".

To all those who have said something along the lines of  - why not stick with your UK Passport? I would answer -

1. Because I either have to have it sent to a UK address or pay an extortionate amount to have one issued to each of my family by the British consulate in France

2. Because we came here to divorce ourselves from the UK, so the sooner I am able to consign my UK passport to the bonfire the happier I shall be.

The one thing I do now understand though is that I don't necessarily want a Titre de Sejour at all, so what is the process of obtaining a French National Identity Card?