Speedferries Cancellation 29th March

[quote user="Pilot"]

Interesting!

Not having received the e-mail promised "within 2 weeks" I phoned today - needed to rebook the cancelled crossings which I did. Then I asked about the compensation crossing. The operator knew nothing about free compensation tickets and suggested I write to customer services, which I have just done by e-mail. Like Barter, my original ticket was the November 2-for-1 freebie, but when I booked to use it I did point out that my intention had been to use it during the revised dry dock period. "No problem, the validity is extended to May 31," they said.

Now, my e-mail cancelling the March 29th crossing did specifically say "As you have been negatively influenced by the dry docking period for the second time", so perhaps that's it. But seeing as I did not get the e-mail promised within 2 weeks perhaps they have back tracked. I'll await with interest a reply to the message I sent them this afternoon. 

[/quote]

Pilot - hope you get a reply from them, sooner or later!  I'm still waiting; I'll let you know what happens. Our 'negatively influenced...second time...' situation was presumably because they first changed the time of our crossing on 29th March, before then cancelling it altogether.  I suppose we must have been unusual in that our 29th March crossing was inbound; most peple affected were, I think, due to sail from Dover.

Just had a call from SpeedFerries apologising for the confusion & confirming the extra free return crossing, to use within the next 12 months; the unused 29th March ticket 'parked' for use asap.  That's better!  Pilot - have you had any joy?

The only response I have ever had from SF customer services is an email telling me that they don't deal with whatever it was, contact sales.

Begs the question, what do the customer services personnel actually do?

Maybe we got an apologetic phone call, & satisfactory outcome, in the end because, after having had the '...doesn't apply to you...' email response to our email, we sent our next reply in an envelope through the post addressed "F.A.O Mr Curt Stavis."  Whether or not he actually saw it I don't know, but it got a result!

Well I have rung and been told to e-mail! So I e-mailed twice and have real paper and pencil lettered once and still no answer as to why we were not offered a letter to apologise or a replacement ticket! Today I have had a trying day at the chalk-face (teacher!) and I am going to ring Speedferries again this afternoon! I am in the right mood for them!

• 4 weeks later...

A result at last

Following my e-mail to SpeedFerries on 26 April, I sent a real letter on 15 May, enclosing copies of their original e-mail about the cancellation and my replies. 

Lo and behold! An e-mail apologising "for the inconvienience caused" and with details of the free compensation ticket, received 23 May. A little late, but a result.