Property Owners Club with B.F.

Brittany Ferries letter this morning ....".We hope you enjoyed the travel discounts of the past 12 months ....your membership is due ....£80 please and we dont take cash or cheques....renew with a debit or credit card on this 0870 number its the only form of payment accepted and we will no longer be sending acknowlegements after you renew "............   oh...thats all rignt then !

At £80 a year for a couple of free breakfasts and double the cost of LD lines even with their discounted fare .....is it now worth it ?....I get the impression BF think they are doing us all a big favour offering this ... and  we should be grateful ....they are not doing me one ...I will not renew .

If you do not want to travel with Brittany Ferries, and that's your decision, then I agree there is no point in renewing the card.

However some of us are looking for much more than cheap fares - we want timetables that suit when we want to travel, cabins available if we need them, and ports closer to where we want to travel to and from, so we choose the operators that suit us. The BF club is a good deal for us, the fee can be saved on just one peak time crossing and through the rest of the year we appreciate the free day cabins and discount in the (usually) far superior restaurants.

It's a matter of choice. I've nothing against LD Lines, I have used the service several times.

We have just booked our september trip and decided to use two different ferry operators, simply for some of the reasons Will mentioned.

As we are bringing 3 dogs we needed to have as little time on the ferry as possible so we chose brittany ferries fast ferry from Portsmouth to Caen for the out trip and condor ferries for the return St malo- Poole  each ferry gives us the best sailing times for us ( and the dogs) Britany ferry get us in France for lunch which gives us tine to be at our property in Dordogne by evening and Condor gets us in at midnight which allows us good time to get to the port and then only a 4 hour drive home

We have just become BF members and saved 1/2 the fees already in only a single sailing! Condor membership was not so tempting so we paid the full wack.

We tried the tunnel last month and although fast , cheap it left us totaly exhausted, thats another story!!

Chipie

2 FOOT PASSENGERS -   OUT FRIDAY NIGHT BACK SUNDAY AFRTERNOON:

LD LINE  - £ 78.00 (night xing on outward journey and the price includes cost of sleeping on the floor)

BF : £ 40 ( 8am xing with seat allocated)

Enough said !