Foot & Mouth

Tough on Gordon  Brown having to leave Dorset at the start of his hols to attend a meeting today ......havent they heard of video conferencing in No 10 yet ?.... he is not having much luck since he got the job is he ? .......The farm that has the problem is one that fattens up cattle so there may have been little lorry movement in and out so lets hope it has not  spread .  They havent found out which strain it is yet so cant vaccinate  until they do...there are  many strains  of foot and mouth it appears and not a vaccine for them all on the shelf ....so if they act and cull fast it could be stopped in Surrey

[quote user="Frederick"]Tough on Gordon  Brown having to leave Dorset at the start of his hols to attend a meeting today ......havent they heard of video conferencing in No 10 yet ?.... he is not having much luck since he got the job is he ? .......[/quote]

I expect he is still so excited about finally having succeeded in pushing Blair out, that he won't be worried about missing a boring looking holiday.   He was probably delighted to have an excuse to go back to hear them all saying 'yes prime minister'

He will be looking forward to taking delivery of the PMs plane he 'gave' the money for when he was the Chancellor.

[quote user="Russethouse"]jamesg- have you ever been to Dorset ?[/quote]

I love the south coast, but I have never had to wait 10 years to take over.   I don't suppose he has got bored with it all yet, so any holiday would seem like a waste of time.

I may be jumping the gun a little... but what hapened last time there was foot in mouth in the UK?  Was there any restiction on the movement of pets?  We're moving over in just 2 weeks now and alarm bells are ringing about our 2 cats?  I've not been able to find anything on the DEFRA site or Brittany Ferries site, maybe because it isn't an issue yet... so just wondering what happened in 2001? [8-)]

[quote user="Bob T"]If it were that good then I would be living there, not here in the Dordogne!
[/quote]

I was in Dordogneshire for the first time  a couple of weeks ago and it looked pretty good to me!