Exporting car to holiday home

I'm thinking of taking our 25 yr old  Peugeot 205down to the S of France to live from October onwards. I shall have to insure it shortly just to make the journey and be available if needed here in the meantime. It's value is about £100. Any thoughts on the best way to go about this? (e.g. a day return on the ferry seems cheaper than a single - also is it poissible to get a single back with Ryanair or do I have to buy a return?)

You also need to factor in the costs of registering the car over here:

French type approval certificate - 120€,  CT certificate - 56€,  LHD headlamps - £££?,  prefecture registration fee - 66€, new number plates - 20€. .....

More than the car is worth, so unless it has plenty of life left in it, you might be better off selling it/scrapping it in the UK and buying a little runabout locally.

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

You also need to factor in the costs of registering the car over here:

French type approval certificate - 120€,  CT certificate - 56€,  LHD headlamps - £££?,  prefecture registration fee - 66€, new number plates - 20€. .....

More than the car is worth, so unless it has plenty of life left in it, you might be better off selling it/scrapping it in the UK and buying a little runabout locally.

[/quote]

What sort of figure would you estimate for insurance?