BMI Returns to Toulouse - flights from Manchester to restart 2009

Ron Avery

The BMI site is showing that they are doing flights from Manchester to/from Toulouse from March to October next year, a service some may recall that they hurriedly cancelled a couple of years back at short notice.  So good news for those from the north west let down by Jet2's pullout from this route.

Yes it is good news although the sting in the tail is that BMI has yet again cancelled all flights to Bordeaux from Birmingham and Manchester throughout the winter.  The situation is the same as last year with there being no flights to the SW of France from any airport north of Bristol or Luton.  Not only that but BMI pulled out of the BHX to Bordeaux flights earlier than was scheduled by cancelling all their October flights.  Mine was cancelled and they refunded the money minus the credit card booking fee - nice!  I feel sure that one of the low costs will disappear soon with the economic climate as it is and wouldn't be surprised if it were BMI Baby.

Looking at the Ryanair website there is a flight from Birmingham to Biarritz which seems to continue a few times a week during the winter, though Biarritz is a bit too far south for many people.  There is also a new flight from Stansted to Lourdes which has much more civilised timings than the Stansted to Pau route.  We still keep hoping that Ryanair will see the potential of bringing pilgrims and/or skiers from Liverpool to either Lourdes or Pau but so far no luck!

[quote user="shropshirelass"]Yes it is good news although the sting in the tail is that BMI has yet again cancelled all flights to Bordeaux from Birmingham and Manchester throughout the winter.  The situation is the same as last year with there being no flights to the SW of France from any airport north of Bristol or Luton.  Not only that but BMI pulled out of the BHX to Bordeaux flights earlier than was scheduled by cancelling all their October flights.  Mine was cancelled and they refunded the money minus the credit card booking fee - nice!  I feel sure that one of the low costs will disappear soon with the economic climate as it is and wouldn't be surprised if it were BMI Baby.[/quote]

What about Ryanair, Liverpool to Limoges or Flybe, Manchester to Bergerac? Or don't you consider that Limoges and Bergerac are in the SW of France?

As a North West England to South West France flyer the winter season is always a pain, but Ryanair Liverpool Carcassonne is showing 2 flights a week on Thursday and Sunday, but thats all that I've managed to find, Last year everytime I used it (every couple of weekish) I seemed to be travelling with a Rugby team could this be the reason they keep it going?[:D]