B & B with cat

Llantony

We are back in UK for a week to fetch our cat and fill our trailer with more of our belongings.  It's a long journey, especially as speed is limited to 50 mph with trailer (60 downhill maybe).  We will buy a cage for Cato to travel in but will need to stop en route.  I gather some of the cheapish hotel chains like B & B and Campanile allow pets but I've had no response to emails to Campanile (clicking on their email link in the Chartres hotel page and it bounced back and general customer services did not reply)!and there is nothing on their website.  Also they don't say whether their charge includes breakfast.

While I'm posting, anyone have any recommendations?  We've tried Hotel B & B - basic but OK, Boulogne better than Calais;  Ibis - much more expensive and tho they have restaurants (we don't really want to have to unhook trailer and get in the car to find a meal after a long journey and these places are always miles from small restaurants anyway) they are pretty awful and poor value.  This time, desperate, getting late having looked for Etap in Blois but there didn't seem to be any parking, ended up in Formule 1 which was cheap but just too basic!  A handful of toilets and showers for 200 rooms, (toilet paper missing, light went off as soon as you shut door)! breakfast minimal and awful, with rap music, room cunningly arranged so there wasn't enough light to read in bed.

Have not tried any others, how do people rate them?

We've stayed in several Campanile hotels with our dog and have always found them very good value.  Good size bedroom with TV, tea and coffee making facilities and private bathroom, easy access from car park  There is a restaurant adjacent to rooms run by Campanile.  Breakfast is not included in the price of the room but the restaurant usually offers a varied buffet style "eat what you like" breakfast but of course this is optional.

As you say Formule 1 is just too basic!  I believe they are being phased out.  We have always been happy with Campanile.

Bernice

He may hate the journey - BUT will love his new home when he gets there!!

We still have this journey to make (although I don't know when this will be).  And as our 2 "at homers" are 18 and 16 and the two "outsiders" are what we believe to be approx 8 & 5 - I would love to hear how you go on.

Bon Chance.

We had nine happy years to-ing and fro-ing with our cats. We had a large dog cage that we padded out with a blanket. We put a cat litter tray between the two cats to give each their own area. We took regular stops to offer water and food and empty their tray on the long journey to the South of France. We never had any problems, we are still sad that they are no longer with us but are grateful for the 22 and 24 happy years we shared together!