Flybe

Angelite

I thought some of you you might be interested in the following:

My friend had been waiting for Flybe to publish their new summer schedule so that she could book to fly out from Manchester to Roscoff at the end of April.

However, this service has been discontinued and she is having to fly to Southampton and change there for Roscoff.  Because of two take offs/landings, it is costing her considerably more than if she could have flown direct.  And even this service is only available on certain days.

Airlines cutting back on their routes and the frequency of those routes they maintain will be an increasing trend, especially to those destinations in Euroland, thanks in part to the plumetting value of the pound.

According to the travel trade, British holidaymakers are switching back in large numbers to package holidays, as a way of protecting themselves against a further reduction in the value of the £ and this will adversely impact on the low cost scheduled carriers.

Unless the £ rallies, expect further major cut backs by British based airlines to regional French routes in 2009/10 and that is why it is important when choosing an area to live in in France, that one does not rely on a particulat low cost carrier maintaing services to your region of choice.

May or may not be due to the pound euro exchange rate.

Lufthansa has started pulling European routes/flights on less popular/patronised routes.

My last few flights to The Ruhr area from Lyon have been via Munich due to the direct evening flight being dropped and a number of other flights I have been on have been less than full and I could well imagine these being pulled as well in the near future.

The travel trade is very keen to peddle the fantasy that they can protect you from currency fluctuations. Their small print enables them to surcharge if currencies fluctuate beyond certain levels. Wait for the uproar next summer if the pound continues to slide, they impose surcharges and then the pound rallies.