Rennes/Nantes

Lollie

No idea about Easyjet, but last year Flybe released their Summer schedules in (at least) two tranches.  Initially a dozen or so routes, then most (if not all) of the rest towards the end of Nov. 

I rang their Call Centre and they said that they only found out themselves at the last minute and the best advice was to check online every day or so.  I did just that.

Of course with all airlines under pressure of one sort or another, they'll be closely analysing route profitablities etc, so anything could happen this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I previously posted re Angers-Southampton on the grounds that if "you don't use it you lose it"     Well the worst has happened Eastern Airways have withdrawn all flights.

I for one shall miss this - they were always on time, if not early arriving, all most polite, helpful and very pleasant.

It now means that my only options are Rennes which is a long way from me, or Poitiers or Tours, using the ghastly Rynair.  This then takes me to Stanstead and I will then have to travel into and across London to travel on to Guildford.

At my age the 4 plus hour driving up to Caen and then the 6 hour crossing and another hour the other end is becoming very tiring and I was so happy to have the flying option.   

Maybe the time has come to sell up and stay at home in the UK. what with the fall in the pound and the costs rising out here.

Now I have had my moan I am off out to friends for lunch, so there are some compensations!

Happy New Year to you all.

WendyG

"It now means that my only options are Rennes which is a long way from

me, or Poitiers or Tours, using the ghastly Rynair.  This then takes me

to Stanstead and I will then have to travel into and across London to

travel on to Guildford."

Wendy G

I believe there is a National Express coach link from Stansted to Gatwick and then you could take the Gatwick to Reading train to Guildford.

I fear that the loss of flights from the UK to regional airports in France, or decreasing frequency and therefore increased fares, is going to be an ongoing trend. The lower the £ goes against the euro, the more Brit tourists will plan their holidays outside the eurozone, or revert to package holidays whereby the holiday companies can mitigate some of the currency situation with their buying power.

The new increased UK flight taxes coming into effect in February won't help either!

Not Nantes to Gatwick though!    It shows on their flight map but no flight dates show when you try to book,   and as Ryanair no longer fly from Nantes to Stansted after March, No airline now flys from Nantes to London!!!   Nantes is hardly a small airport,   when we first arrived BA and Air France both flew to London,  Both pulled out when Ryanair  arrived.  Still as a northerner, for the first time whilst here in France we can get to the North by air whilst unable to get to London!

Lollie   44

Looks like it, still no flights showing after March, a friend asked last time at Stansted, and was told they knew nothing and would be the last to know!!!    I have also emailed easyjey asking about the Nantes Gatwick that is not showing for this summer either,  there response was automated and told me nothing!!  Let me know if you hear anything please!

Lollie

French chat rooms concerned with Nantes are saying that it is a real blow Ryanair withdrawing the Stansted flight from the local airport. a double blow as it has come soon after Easyjet's withdrawl of the Gatwick flight....

Edited for Clarity

They haven"t withdrawn from Nantes, as they are still flying all summer to East Midlands, Liverpool, Shannon Dublin and Bournemouth has resumed,  it just seems to be Stansted, I am wondering if they will take over the easyjet Gatwick to Nantes slot as they are changing several of their flights from Stansted to Gatwick;   one lives in hope!  Thanks for keeping me informed of the chit chat, keep it up

Lollie