Ryaniar tax refund - any progress?

joidevie

Hi - I'm just wondering whether there's any latest on getting any costs back on a booking. I just stupidly booked a friend onto a flight (STD-Carcassonne return). Foolishly, I put in my surname instead of hers! (Her first name). She has now since booked afresh..

Any latest, or is it the usual "forget it".. ? These are the charges involved:

PAYMENT DETAILS

*********0.99 GBP    Total Fare

********52.45 GBP    Taxes, Fees & Charges

********53.44 GBP    Total Paid

Cheers..

I did this last summer with my friend[:-))] But phoned up straight away and they were very good (yes I said GOOD) they said that they could see I had only just done the booking and changed the name for £10 instead of the usual £80ish

So they are not alway rubbish with customer service [:D]

[quote user="joidevie"]Hi - I'm just wondering whether there's any latest on getting any costs back on a booking. I just stupidly booked a friend onto a flight (STD-Carcassonne return). Foolishly, I put in my surname instead of hers! (Her first name). She has now since booked afresh..

Any latest, or is it the usual "forget it".. ? These are the charges involved:

PAYMENT DETAILS

*********0.99 GBP    Total Fare

********52.45 GBP    Taxes, Fees & Charges

********53.44 GBP    Total Paid

Cheers..
[/quote]

Would it not have been easier and probably cheaper to just change the name of the passenger - or did you not trust yourself ?

John

[quote user="Jacqui Too "]

I did this last summer with my friend[:-))] But phoned up straight away and they were very good (yes I said GOOD) they said that they could see I had only just done the booking and changed the name for £10 instead of the usual £80ish

So they are not alway rubbish with customer service [:D]

[/quote]

Seems some common sense still prevails as my friend go on the phone asap and again, they seemed to realise that it was a genuine mistake, and a 10 GBP admin fee did the trick..

I actually  have no problems with their business model, and am happy to pay 'as you go' with them.. It's a fine line being firm and clear about your terms and conditions and still offering reasonable customer support..