RyanAir charges?

josa

A few months ago I posted a "joke" about Ryanair looking at installing coin mechanisms in their over-head lockers - well I thought it was a joke!

Today on BBC Breakfast we have Michael O'Leary saying they are looking at installing £1 coin operated slots on the lavatory doors - even I didn't think of that one!!

He is a master at getting free publicity, even when other PDG's would go scurrying under cover he is always available, even on the hoof, for a candid interview.

I think that he acquits himself very well especially under hostile questioning.

He does what it says on the box, WYSIWYG, if you dont like it......................!  - I am sure you know how he finishes that phrase!

[quote user="Kevinmc"]

Will we get a discount for checking in on-line ?

Will the fee cover multiple visits or will we have to pay up each time ?

Can I buy a season ticket ?

Will I have to pay extra for paper ?

Don't you just love O'Leary

[/quote]None of the above but doubtless you will be able to pay extra for a priority cr*p [:D]

Its got Ryan Air on all the main news channels today this toilet thing  but is it a smart move ...    The first time some bursting  footy supporter is stopped from entering the loos because he has not got a quid and tells the cabin staff to foxtrot oscar and they call the Police on landing the whole stupid idea will end ....Who would want to take such nonesense to a possible court action they would lose by creating angry  customers. and bad publicity ... that would not help Ryan Air one bit ...

They are also doing away with checking in. You will do it online a drop your luggage at a preselected place and get on the plane. You only need to turn up 30 minutes before it flies. Starts on selected routes this summer or so they said on TV at lunchtime today.

I understand that the outside loos are free. [;-)]

To be honest I have never felt the need to use a toilet on Ryanair, the flights is quite quick.

If you don't like Ryanair or the owner then don't use the airline, thats simple enough.

Great idea charging for the toilet - it should be £5. I have never used a toilet on a plane even on a 14 hour flight and I don't have a colostomy bag. It will stop those idiots barging up and down the isle as the have nothing else to do. Plus flights should be cheaper if the toilet doesn't need cleaning. I would remove the toilet and add three more seats if it was my company.

[quote user="Jacqui Too "][quote user="JMB"]I never fly Ryanair. I use a nice civilised outfit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg[/quote]

[:D][:D] Brilliant[/quote]

Jacqui too - i' m nearly as excited as you about you being a granny. I have been watching those eggs hatching for ages.

Can't wait. I presume you will tell us all when the time comes.

[quote user="bubbles"] Jacqui too - i' m nearly as excited as you about you being a granny. I have been watching those eggs hatching for ages. Can't wait. I presume you will tell us all when the time comes.[/quote]

Hi bubbles

Our waiting should be over on Tuesday as my daughter is going into hospital to be induced (sp) just a little hiccup but she needs to come out a little early!

Just to keep this tread on topic [:D] talking about airline toilets, I have only ever used them twice but both times I have found them incredible small and wondered how anyone (mostly ladies) larger than me (5'5" & 9st.) cannot sustain injuries to head and elbows!!! [:-))]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Quillan"]

They are also doing away with checking in. You will do it online a drop your luggage at a preselected place and get on the plane. You only need to turn up 30 minutes before it flies. Starts on selected routes this summer or so they said on TV at lunchtime today.[/quote]

And they'll be charging everyone a fiver each way for checking in online........even though you don't have a choice.