Easter eggs in hand luggage

[quote user="Judith"]You can buy Easter eggs here - so why bother travelling with such a "delicate" product?

[/quote]

If you like French chocolate of course!  English chocolate is one of the most requested things we bring our french neighbours from the UK.  We took some easter eggs over for them in March without any problems - but we did go for the little ones due to baggage space.  We were bought a large French easter egg a couple of years ago by friends in the village.  Looked fabulous - great big sunflower on the front - but the chocolate itself was...'interesting'. 

I personally prefer French chocolate to English, but it’s strange

what the British get nostalgic for (these are for some expat friends). I will give it a try anyway.

[quote user="LodeveLibrarian"]Does anyone have any ideas as to whether this would be permissible? I'm flying from Bristol Airport and am not sure if I'd be able to buy them after security clearance there.

[/quote]

Back to the original question, I think the OP needs to know whether the Easter eggs can be purchased "airside" (after security checks) at Bristol. If this is the case then that would be the best place to buy them to be certain of being able to take the eggs as hand baggage.

Buying them before security clearance and putting all the eggs in one bag (basket[;-)]) might be a bit of a gamble. It would be very sad if they were confiscated.[:(]