Eurotunnel to Calais

Inca

First time Tunnel user!  We are taking an early morning Shuttle this Wednesday,  Is there a near-by supermarket which has a 24 hour automatic card payment machine for diesel,  before our onward drive to 79.

Mike

hi

if i were you id fill up in the uk at say ashford off the m20 20 minutes before the tunnel.

the exchange rate means theres not a great difference these days

otherwise most people fill at the petrol station immediatele you exit the tunnel

kim

When we head up from Deux Sevres for the Tunnel, we usually fill up at LeClerc in Outreau (it's the turnoff just south of the one for Boulogne Centre).  It's down the long hill, right at the roundabout at the bottom, then left across the river.

Coming back, we fill up in Staffordshire which gets us to Rouen.  Normal route through the city via the cows roundabout, then instead of cutting right onto the A13 for Alencon/Le Mans, we take the left (direction Paris), down the long hill to the next turn off (Tourville) and fill up at the centre commercial Carrefour. 

Kimg, sorry to disagree, but the fuel was still a fair bit cheaper in France when we were over at easter. We also fill up at the one in Boulogne but there is one on the exit road from the tunnel, not sure of price in that one though. There is a fuel price site on here somewhere which I'm sure some nice person will post soon.

My normal routine is to fill up at Carrefour in the Cite d'Europein Calais.  It's easy to find as the C d'E is well signposted, but the actual pumps are a bit of a nightmare to get to  and the first couple of times I tried this I kept driving past the entrance and having to come back round again!  They are downstairs in the covered part of the car park and take Brit cards 24/7.

We normally fill up in the UK just for the convenience of not stopping so soon after getting started - we refuel at L'eclerc at Chartres.

However, on the way back we come off the A16 at junction 16 near Boulogne, head for St Omer and at the first roundabout after the motorway head in to the commercial area and fill up at Auchen

I find that supermarkets change as to who is cheapest. Our trips to and from 31 might see us filling up at Chartres, Limouge and Montauban and one trip one will be the cheapest and the next another.

We used to fill up to the north of Dreux - there is a L'eclerc filling station by a roundabout on the N154 however, this is normally a lot more expensive than the one in Chartres.

There is a L'eclerc in Dreux but it seem in a dilghtful area - we made the mistake of going there one Sunday afternoon.

Paul