Online checkin Ryanair

[quote user="Gyro"]If you book a ryanair flight.
1) They ask if you want to be checked in online or not, if not or you forget you will pay at the airport.
2) To check in online: you can up to 4 days beforehand to 4hrs before departure.
3)You can also pay for a bag up to 15Kg either online when you book or at the airport if its last minute (paying extra tho).
But why bother paying for a bag when you can take 10Kgs in hand luggage?

hope this helps
[/quote]

I believe that you can check in up to 15 days beforehand not 4 as quoted above, in fact I know this to be the case as I've just done it!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="JMB"] And they don't charge a fat tax yet.[:P][/quote]

I read something recently from Ryanair that said people over a certain weight will be asked to pay extra, and if you touch both armrests when sitting, will be asked to pay for the extra seat. Can't find it now but will keep looking.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

It was tongue firmly in cheek asking customers what the next money making exercise should be.

I think the suggestion that won was that the Captain should wear a bikini [+o(]

[/quote]

Should I write to M O'L and suggest replacing his Captains with Lieutenants or better still Sergeants to save a bit more ?

John

[quote user="Gyro"]If they had a fat tax they would ultimately lose money, as nobody would buy their 6euro sandwiches (don't quote me on that please!)
[/quote]

Oh Gyro, I miss read your post at first, I thought you said fart tax...

Now there's an idea [;-)]

Dear All,

I travel fairly regularly from either East Midlands or Liverpool to Limoges and back again via Ryanair. If it wasn't for them I couldn't get to "Our place in France" so often. Its quick, convenient and beats 12 hours on the road interspersed with 90 minutes on a ferry.

Please stop whinging - just keep your fingers crossed that they continue to operate and so cheaply.

Regards

G and SE

[quote user="Sandg"]

Dear All,

I travel fairly regularly from either East Midlands or Liverpool to Limoges and back again via Ryanair. If it wasn't for them I couldn't get to "Our place in France" so often. Its quick, convenient and beats 12 hours on the road interspersed with 90 minutes on a ferry.

Please stop whinging - just keep your fingers crossed that they continue to operate and so cheaply.

Regards

G and SE

[/quote]

The fact that Ryanair is so often talked about reflects the fact that they are widely useful, whether for cheapness or just the airports they serve.

The fact that Ryanair is so often talked about in a bad light reflects the harshness of their operation, openly and proudly supported by their head.

Those of us who want Ryanair to thrive on our chosen routes would welcome sustainable business models, and that involves a balanced mix of passengers not merely the stag/hen night travellers (plus the near-commuters / second homers) that their policies encourage. Ryanair have shown a willingness to abandon routes as fast as they started them up and any low yields resulting from a skewed business model will undoubtedly result in an eventual switch of service.

Complaining about Ryanair's harshness (especially when compared to other low-cost operators) is not always 'whinging', there is such a thing as valuable customer feedback, but hubris can affect listening abilities!

If you look at other businesses and their cycles (e.g. car rental or mobile phones) the day of the 'simple pricing but good value' operator has yet to come to this flight sector, but come it will.

Virginair anyone ?

[quote user="Owens88"]

Those of us who want Ryanair to thrive on our chosen routes would welcome sustainable business models, and that involves a balanced mix of passengers not merely the stag/hen night travellers (plus the near-commuters / second homers) that their policies encourage.

[/quote]

Snob [:P]

John

I find the manner in which Ryanair operates quite unpalatable. They seem to have an attitude to get people to book with low cost offers (at times they are more expensive than the likes of EasyJet and BA) and then add all sorts of costs. In addition, having used Ryanair a few times, the volume that they play their scratch cards adverts is such that if there was a body on the flight it would be woken up.

Their MD seems to revel in being open about how he will fleece passengers.

And has been commented it is one in which a route this year might be dropped next because it is unprofitable - how do those who bought in the area because of the link now feel.

Price is not everything and this can bee seen by the different types of food outlets that people buy from.

Paul

[quote user="P2"]And has been commented it is one in which a route this year might be dropped next because it is unprofitable - how do those who bought in the area because of the link now feel.[/quote]

To be fair to Ryanair (although I'm not sure that I need to be because it can do its own publicity), IIRC, O'Leary did go on record a few years ago saying that people should not make a second home purchase decision on the assumption that Ryanair would continue to serve a particular airport. And they aren't the only ones treating certain routes in a fickle manner - no-one has yet mentioned London Airways' (as BA is known outside of the M25) treatment of its erstwhile regional airports.

Regards

Pickles

To be fair to any airline I'm not sure I'd use the word "fickle", it's down to "economics". Airlines generally have to make a profit. If route A ceases to be profitable, and/or it can make more money on route B, then route A will be axed. IMHO nobody should ever buy in a region and not have a back up travel plan should their route close.

Frankly it's no good people here grumbling about Ryanair but still travelling with them..as long as people vote with their feet and use Ryanair the standard of service will remain as now ( why should it change?). So either try another carrier or accept your fate....

Digressing to BA - Once BA was privatised it lost any "Public Service" obligation to serve the regions ...To be fair it still does serve a considerable number of the larger UK airports, but it can't be expected to serve all of them unless the taxpayer is willing to subsidise BA, or bring in legislation to rig the market against the competion in some way...which might just happen in some countries.

[quote user="Iceni"]

[quote user="Owens88"]

Those of us who want Ryanair to thrive on our chosen routes would welcome sustainable business models, and that involves a balanced mix of passengers not merely the stag/hen night travellers (plus the near-commuters / second homers) that their policies encourage.

[/quote]

Snob [:P]

John

[/quote]

No way was that my intention !  

In my youth I might have been a more frequent Ryanair weekend / short -break tourist. And yes I would have included drinking as part of that.

In my middle age I have a French property but have not yet tried living there and also travelling 'back'  frequently. I recognise the convenience for those who do.

Both market segments have their validity. My response was to a poster who was saying 'it works for me so please stop whinging'. My point was meant to be 'are those market niches enough for an air operator ?' Funnily enough it seems that we cannot criticise some of Ryanair's methods without being accused of being anti-Ryanair.

If you contrive to p*** off other market segments such as  family travellers and those on longish breaks who don't own  their destination property, then there is a good possibilty that the mix will fail. (True 'Market Economics'). I will regret any losses of service

If you compare Ryanair to other low cost operators than they (R) have adopted a much harsher official and visible stance.   At some point this will rebound. I might prefer the subsequent model.

Cheers