LD Lines rip off

briwy

I made a booking with LD in February for a crossing from Portsmouth to Le Havre and a return the opposite way.  Total cost with an overnight  cabin £302.  Not too bad a deal I thought.

Due to go last Friday but due to my mother being knocked over and hospitalised the trip has been delayed for a week.

Return trip is the same Le Havre Portsmouth but outward is Dover Boulogne.  Total cost from prices today on the web £192. So a difference of £110 in their favour.

LD have now charged me a £10 amendment fee, no argument there, and a further £34 for something that they cannot explain to me.

So they  have now made a profit of  £144 as the original outward booking seems to have been snapped up immediately I cancelled it.

Spoken to the UK duty manager about it who cannot explain why the extra charge, just says the computer says so.

Daylight robbery as far as I am concerned  so shall be writing to them for a proper explanation.

As an old Speedferries user I would have been using the Dover service fairly regularly but not now.

Hello Briwy

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with LD lines, have you actually written to them and explained the situation you found yourself in, normally the tickets/bookings are non refundable, we have in the past  had to change our crossings, and found them tobe very helpful, with the refund being used as a credit towards our next crossing.

Hi partout.

No not written to them yet.   Ill have to leave it until we get back as I dont want to write now just before we go.

I know its not a lot of money but its the principle that has annoyed me and the insistence that "the computer says so".  Just a bit surprised that the UK Manager hasn,t got any authority to make a decision on something as relatively minor as this.  All it does is wind people up.

Hopefully it can be resolved satisfactorily as we have always been  pleased with their service in the past.

If I can get a credit towards another crossing that would be great.