Parking at Bordeaux and Bergerac airports

nectarine

We're going to fly back to the UK in a fortnight's time, either from Bordeaux or Bergerac depending on availability and price of flights, and will want to leave our car at the French airport for about seven days.  Can anyone please tell me what the long-term parking situation is like in both of them, or your experience, and price?

In the UK there are often long-term carparks which are outside the airport complex, usually privately-owned and much cheaper, and there is a shuttle bus to the airport.  These are good value and usually very secure.  Is there anything like this at Bergerac or Bordeaux?

Thanks, everyone, in advance for your helpful replies.

Hello

I've parked for a week in both recently.  In Bordeaux the offsite long duration parking (not far away, short free bus ride) is about 35 euros for a week.  In Bergerac the parking is at the airport and is about 29 euros for a week. So neither are difficult or expensive, I would always opt for Bordeaux airport personally as Bergerac was heaving and chaotic on my last trip, I always find Bordeaux much more civilised, could be luck though!

Panda

Hi

I spent many hours searching for off airport parking at Bordeaux and there don't appear to be any car parks.  Since searching the airport opened its own long stay car park which is excellent.  We use it all the time leaving our car there for 3-4 weeks and it works out at 30 Euros per week.  The shuttle comes about every 10 minutes and it's a short ride to the terminal.  It's not a bad price either if you compare it to the main UK airports as this is the rate for those that just turn up on the day so it's cheaper than the UK

Bergerac parking is reasonably secure and cheap,  I believe about €3 per day and if you park for a longer period and loose your ticket[:)] they have a maximum charge of about €30, you won't need to wait for a shuttle, it's a very short walk from the car park to the terminal.

The new terminal appears to be nearing completion and that should improve the congestion that sometimes happens when several flights inbound and outbound coincide.

brilliant and many thanks for your replies.  As it happens we are going to leave from Bordeaux, as we got a good-deal flight, but I am more confident that the parking is cheap and accessible.  We shall definitely try Bergerac in the future though.  So thanks again all.

If your flight is in the morning from  Bordeaux, remember to leave very early as the two bridges (especially the Pont d'Aquitaine) and the Rocade are likely to be sluggish, if not at a standstill, between 8 - 9.30am.  Unless of course you are travelling on a Sunday in which case you will sail into the airport without a problem.  Jen

• 3 weeks later...

The Bordeaux  web site implies P4 car park  is for charter flight customers only.

a)From you mail I guess anyone can use it ?

b)Do you know off any off airport parking at Bordeaux where we could leave our car for several months at a reasonable cost?

Thanks

The car park is for everyone to use but if you book a charter flight through an agency you can get a special deal on the price of parking, but only charter flights not scheduled/low cost.  The normal cost is 30 Euros per week which is cheaper than turn up cost at all UK airports and is in fact cheaper than most of the pre book rates too.

• 4 weeks later...

It's on the main campus.  The road system from the airport terminus leads you around the houses a bit so you're better off turning left at the last roundabout before the airport (there is a hotel on the corner of the turning) and then after about 100 yards turn right.  It is well signposted from that roundabout though so it shouldn't be a problem.  It's called Parking 4 and/or eco parking. Take a look at the map on the Bordeaux airport website http://www.bordeaux.aeroport.fr/aeroport_de_bordeaux.Asp?lang=en&rub=3&mapage=guide_accueil_en

[quote user="shropshirelass"]It's on the main campus.  The road system from the airport terminus leads you around the houses a bit so you're better off turning left at the last roundabout before the airport (there is a hotel on the corner of the turning) and then after about 100 yards turn right.  It is well signposted from that roundabout though so it shouldn't be a problem.  It's called Parking 4 and/or eco parking. Take a look at the map on the Bordeaux airport website http://www.bordeaux.aeroport.fr/aeroport_de_bordeaux.Asp?lang=en&rub=3&mapage=guide_accueil_en

[/quote]

Thanks 'Lassie'.  That's just perfect.  I looked at your map and got the bearings, so can make sense of your directions.  I virtually live at the airport (fetching and taking back visitors) but have never realised about this car park.  I get to Merignac from the north (from the St Medard direction) and have to go round 14 roundabouts to get there, so one more won't make much difference.