MORE QUESTIONS ON TRAVEL INSURANCE SOMEBODY MUST HAVE A SUGGESTION PLEASE

We would love to return to Africa for another holiday and when we lived in UK we were insured with Saga who were excellent but who cannot cover us over here.  They gave full cover for all OH's existing illnesses i.e. diabetes, heart problems etc.  His illnesses are the stumbling block because most companies dont even want to quote a higher premium they just do not want to know.   Has anyone out there the same problem with travel insurance and are there any solutions - I dont really want to go on my own and we dont mind paying more for OH if only there was a company who would be prepared to quote.

• 2 weeks later...
After my heart attack I was given a load of information from the hospital, especially regarding travel insurance and those companies that were prepared to consider people with heart/ health associated problems. My scanner is not working at the moment so I cannot upload, but if you send me a pm with contact details I can photocopy and send them to you if you are interested. Incidently I have been to our house a few times since the heart attack and the last time when I went on the bike I used SAGA. Not the cheapest, but at least cover and peace of mind.

Aitch

We have been in the same position a couple of times.

For a trip to Tunisia in 2006, we used www.worldwideinsure.com and, if I remember correctly, had to ring them to give details of pre-existing medical conditions.

This summer we went to Canada, and found the most competitive rate through www.jsinsurance.co.uk. Again we had to answer a medical screening questionnaire over the phone and paid a small additional premium to cover pre-existing conditions. We were very impressed by the efficiency of their service.

Fortunately, in neither case did we have to make a claim.

Hope this helps you find a suitable policy - and that you have a good holiday!

I'm afraid it wouldn't be any good for us as the terms and restrictions (in English, in the Globe Partner PDF  which you can download from the site) specifically exclude any medical problem arising from pre-existing conditions.  The premiums look very competitive for anyone who doesn't have to worry about that, though.

Val